Chapter 2

The next night, Branch was down in his bunker getting ready for his first date with Poppy. He had just bought a new tux the day before, and was now wearing it, as he tied a red bow tie around his neck.

"How do I look, Gary?" he asked, looking over to Gary, smiling.

His smile faded, turning into a glare.

"Psh... what do you know?" he said, offended, as he crossed his arms, looking away.

"You know what, Gary... it doesn't matter what you think. I'm going on a date with the most perfect girl in the world. Nothing can ruin this night." He sighed, dreamily, thinking about Poppy, but then turned, looking at Gary, confused.

"Wait... what do you mean 'if she shows up'? Why wouldn't she show up?"

He looked away, sadly as he listened to Gary, his ears drooping a bit.

"You... you really think so?"

Branch sighed, closing his eyes, as he lowered his head in sadness.

"N... no..." he said, looking back up at the blue remote control. "You're wrong. She will show up. I've been waiting for this night all my life, and you certainly aren't going to get in my head."

He gasped.

"Gary! You know what... fine. I'm leaving. I'm going on my date, and proving to you Poppy will show. Nothing will ruin this night!"

He stomped to his elevator, riding up it.

"Nothing, Gary!" he yelled down to his remote son.

'Yeah...' Gary thought. 'She ain't showing up.'