Chapter 25

Poppy walked through the grove, thinking about what her father had told her earlier. That her mom left her. She wanted to believe there was a reasonable explanation for her mom leaving. She wanted to ask, and hear her side of the story, but she was scared.

     What if she didn't like the answer? What if she really did leave because of her? What could she have possibly done to make it so her own mother didn't want to be with her?

She sighed, and stopped walking, lowering her head in sadness.

All these thoughts swirling through her mind... they broke her heart. She needed to know the truth.

When her mom gets back from bonding with Branch... that's when she'll ask. Until then... Poppy would just need to find a way to work up the courage.

—————————

     Uueeka flew up, and up, finally, straightening out, flying slower.

Pansy looked at Branch, smiling.

"You can open your eyes now," she chuckled.
"Are we on the ground?" Branch whimpered.
"No."
"Then my eyes are staying shut."
"Just look."

Slowly, Branch opened his eyes, gasping at the beautiful view.

The trees in the small grove Pansy lived in were all different colors. Purple... red... blue... orange... and pink. Branch had never seen anything like it.

He looked down, still clinging onto the Synathin, as he lay on his stomach, but began to slowly sit up straight, the cool breeze blowing through his hair.

"It's beautiful up here," Branch said, looking down at the view.
"You still want to get down?" Pansy asked, smiling.
"Oh yes," Branch said, nodding. "Very much so."
"Ok then... but you better hang on."
"Wait... what?"
"Dion!"

Suddenly Uueeka began flying downwards, heading towards the ground fast.

"What's the word for slow down!?" Branch yelled, clinging onto the Synathin once again. "Fueesha," Pansy replied with a smirk.
"I am not falling for that again!"
"You don't have to. Fueesha!"
"No!"

     Uueeka began flying down faster, getting closer and closer to the ground.

     "We're gonna crash!" Branch yelled out in pure terror.
"Well... you're just gonna have to prevent that, aren't you?"
"What the heck are you talking about!?" Branch yelled, clinging onto Uueeka's feathers tightly.

     "You command him to go up," Pansy said, smiling at Branch.
"What!? Are you crazy!? I don't speak Synathin!"
"If you payed attention... you would of heard me say it. Better remember quickly. The ground is coming up fast."

     Branch looked down at the ground, trying to remember all the words Pansy had use to command Uueeka.

     "Foony!" he yelled out, but that didn't work. In fact, it did absolutely nothing.

"Uh... uh..." Branch said, panicking, as he tried to think of the word. "Smin!?"

     Uueeka began to spin, going down towards the ground in a spiral.

     "AHHHHH!" Branch screamed, holding tightly onto Uueeka.
"Your running out of time," Pansy chuckled, leaning back, as she pulled a bag of chips out of her hair to snack on.

Branch tried desperately to think of the correct word.

"Um... um... Kath?" Nothing... "Gruba?" Nothing.