Chapter 8

Peppy stood in his pod, his head low, as he regretted what he had done to his daughter. He really was only trying to help, but he only made it worse...

"What the heck is wrong with you!?" he suddenly heard in a loud, angry shout.

He looked up, seeing Branch standing in his doorway, his hands in tight fists by his side, as he glared at Peppy.

"Branch?" Peppy said, confused.
"Don't you 'Branch' me! I asked you a question! What is wrong with you!?"

"Listen, Branch... I get that you're angry..."

"Angry? Angry!? I'm way beyond angry, old man! I'm furious!" Branch screamed, stomping over to Peppy.

Peppy glared back at him, not liking his attitude.

"You better watch your tone..." Peppy said, trying to stay calm.
"Or what? You gonna get rid of me, and then lie to Poppy about it? Cuz that's certainly what you do best!" Branch yelled.
"What happened to Poppy's mom is none of your business..." Peppy said, through gritted teeth, trying to hide his anger.

"It is my business!" Branch shouted. "The most optimistic troll in the world is out there broken hearted... because of you! Do you have any idea how much it breaks my heart to see her hurting!? So don't you dare tell me my girlfriend's sadness is none of my business!"

Peppy, lifted his cane, pushing Branch slightly back with it.

Branch grabbed the cane, snapping it in half over his knee, before throwing it out of the pod in anger.

"My leg!" a random troll yelled, but Branch didn't take his eyes off of Peppy, as he breathed heavily in anger.

"I will do anything to protect Poppy... to keep her happy..." Branch said, tears forming in his eyes. "Anything."

"You need to leave, Branch," Peppy said, firmly.

Branch glared at him for a moment longer, and then turned, storming out of the pod.