Chapter 14

Back in Trollstopia, Peppy was walking through the village towards Poppy's pod.

"Poppy?" he said, softly, walking through the doorway. "I just want to apologize. And... if you want to know about your mother... I'll tell you everything I know."

There was no answer.

He looked at her bed, seeing what he assumed was Poppy hidden under the covers.

"I know you're mad at me," he said, slowly walking over to her. "I am so sorry. I was only trying to protect you. I didn't want you to know the truth... cuz I thought it would just hurt too much."

Still... no answer.

"Come on, Poppy. Just hear me out. Please..."

Silence...

"Poppy. I'm serious. Just talk to me."

He pulled the covers down, gasping, when he realized it wasn't Poppy at all. It was a bunch of snuggle toys, Lord Prickles right on top of the pile.

Confused, he backed away, and then shook his head.

"She... she must be with Branch," he assured himself.

Quickly, he rushed out of the pod, heading to Branch's bunker.

"Branch!? Is Poppy in there with you!?" he yelled, as he pounded on the rock above his doormat.

No answer.

"Hmm... he's not home either?"

He sighed, lowering his head.

"Their both avoiding me..." he said to himself.

Slowly, he turned beginning to walk back to his pod.

When he arrived, he saw his cane leaned up against the wall with a note attached which read; 'sorry'.

He smiled, slightly, and then turned, his smile fading, as he noticed his map was missing.

"No..." he said, his eyes wide. "It can't be..."

Quickly, he began searching the room, hoping he had just misplaced it somewhere, but he couldn't find it.

He went to look under the bed, but something on the floor caught his eye. A crumpled up piece of paper.

Slowly, he bent down, picking it up.

He opened it up, beginning to read, a glare popping onto his face.

"Branch..." he grumbled angrily, turning to run out the door.