Chapter 24

Pansy led Branch over to Uueeka, who was no mingling with the other birds.

"Come with me," she said, climbing up onto Uueeka's back, and holding her hand out to help Branch climb onto the bird.

Branch looked at her, and then at the bird, his eyes wide with fear.

"Uh... no... no thank you... I'm kinda... a little bit... terrified of birds," he said, his voice shaky, as he fiddled nervously with his fingers.

"Oh please. How can you be scared of such majestic creatures. Besides... Uueeka isn't a bird. He's a Synathin."
"A... a what?"
"A Synathin. They are magical bird like creatures who can heal any injury. They can even bring people back from the dead. As you witnessed when you first arrived."

     Branch looked at the Synathin, and then at Poppy's mom.

     "Yeah... I'm still not getting on it..." he said.

     Pansy smiled, mischievously.

     "You wanna bet on that? Gruba!"

     Suddenly the white with black speckles Synathin grabbed onto Branch's vest with its beak.

     "AHHH! No!" Branch screamed, panicking. "Put me down! Put me down!"

     It threw Branch onto Uueeka's back, right next to Poppy's mom.

     "Foony!" she shouted.

     The Synathin opened its wings, taking flight instantly.

     "AHHHHH!" Branch screamed, holding on for dear life. "Put me down! Put me down! Put me down!"

     "Well..." Pansy said, smirking. "If that's what you want. Smin!"

     The Synathin spun around, doing corkscrew flips, causing Branch to fall off, plummeting down towards the ground.

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed, flapping his arms up and down, as if he thought he could fly. "Pick me up! Pick me up! Pick me up!"

     "Kath!" Pansy yelled.

     Quickly, the Synathin swooped down, catching Branch on it's back, right before he hit the ground.

     Branch panted, his eyes wide, as he lay on his stomach, grasping the Synathin's feathers, tightly in his hands.

     Pansy looked at him, laughing.

     "You gotta relax, kid."
"How on earth am I supposed to relax, when you keep trying to kill me!?"
"If I was trying to kill you... you'd be dead already," she assured.
"Thanks," he said sarcastically. "That's super comforting. Now please! Put me down, safely!"

     She thought about it for a moment, and then smiled.

     "Nah. Let's have some fun. Upa!" she yelled, Uueeka immediately flying up, higher into the sky.

     "No! No! No!" Branch yelled. "Go down! Go down!"
"He won't respond to English," Pansy chuckled. "He only knows Synathin."
"Well then... what's Synathin for down!?"
"Fueesha," she said, smirking.

     "Fueesha! Fueesha! Fueesha!" Branch yelled, but instead of going down, he only went up faster.

     "It's not working!" Branch yelled in terror, shutting his eyes tightly.
"Sure it is," Pansy laughed. "You just told him to go faster! Faster! Faster!"
"You told me it meant down!"
"I lied," she chuckled, smirking at him, before turning her attention back to Uueeka.

     "Fueesha!" Pansy yelled out, laughing.
"AHHHHH!"