Chapter Twenty-Five

Chelsea's POV:

It was summer. Finally summer! Late nights of no sleep. Going to the beach with your best friends. Getting your long lost tan back. The amazing food. Just some of the many great things about summer. Now that school isn't a part of the equation, it means 100% fun. I couldn't wait to do something. As for now, I'm having a "We're out of school" party with Olivia, Paige, and Reagan. We were all at Olivia and Reagan's house. It's almost as if this setting was a little too familiar. It was only about eleven months ago that my crazy, amazing year started because of one tweet. 

Before we all came over to their house, we packed everything possible. Food, movies, games, an excessive amount of clothes, and other unneeded items. The necessities to have a successful party with your friends, right? 

Once everyone was there, we began to get ready. It was Reagan's idea to go out into town and go eat somewhere. We weren't going to show up in what we wore to school, so it was going to take some time. I plugged in my iPod, and started doing Paige's hair. I always had to do hair. Not the funnest job, in my opinion, but according to my friends, I'm the best at it. I curled, straightened, and braided hair, leaving me for last. I unbraided my already braided hair and let it fall down my back. My hair had gotten so long over to course of the year. It was now resting about three inches above my waist. Yeah, I have long hair. I looked over to clothes that Olivia put together and pulled the black bustier top and Aztec-printed high-waisted shorts out of the pile. It'll do. I sat back in the chair and watched them rush around trying to get ready. Oh the glories of having the ability to get ready quickly. I already had my bag packed and added some jewelry to my outfit. I was ready to go, but by the looks of it, we weren't going to leave for another twenty or so minutes. 

About thirty minutes later, it was safe to say we were all ready, with the exception of Olivia stumbling to put her shoes on as we were walking out the door. Almost ready. Now to start off our summer! Paige searched up numerous different places to go eat and we singled them all done to one, and set off for it. As the only one capable of driving in our group, I was the designated driver. Usually, we'd take a cab, but we like to jam out to our own music and it's more fun, and I don't have to pay someone. Although, I do have to pay for gas, my friends always pitch in since I drive them all over the city. 

After driving in circles way too many times in the parking lot, we found a space. I would be lying if I told you New York wasn't crowded at night. Heck, it's always crowded. We got out of the car and hit up the restaurant. I was surprised that we didn't see anyone we recognized from school or other places. Usually everyone's out tonight. It's the last day of school, the first day of summer. What's wrong with you people?! 

We found a nice booth near the back of the restaurant, near the arcade. We're all kids at heart, and a very loud bunch. It wasn't long before a waiter came to our aide, serving us our every want and desire. I could already tell tonight was going to be fun, and it hadn't even started. 

Forty minutes later, we found ourselves competing against each other on some game. Once we finished our food, we immediately headed to the arcade. The games were just so inviting with their bright lights and cool sounds. I didn't care about the looks I was receiving, I was having fun. I continued playing the game, as did my friends. We'd probably be here until closing time, then on our way back home, stop at a cafe that stays open 24 hours. 

Sure enough, after we played multiple games and cashed in our tickets for childish prizes, we found ourselves at some cafe. This is why I love summer. You get to hang out with your friends and do whatever, and you don't have a curfew. Although, we probably should be home at a reasonable time, we most likely won't. You gotta live some. As much as the saying makes me cringe, "You Only Live Once. So, YOLO!"