Chapter Eight

Chelsea's POV:

I was currently sitting on the plane, with my mother. She was with me, well because I won't see her for another eight months, and you know how moms are. They have to make sure we're safe, blah blah blah. We've been flying for about four hours now? I'm not the best at keeping up with time. Thankfully, the flight hasn't seemed to take so long. My mind is preoccupied with too many thoughts. I couldn't talk to my mom either, because she was sleeping. Typical mom behavior. I pulled out my phone, deciding to listen to some music. Maybe then I can fall asleep. I plugged in the headphones and hit shuffle. The first song that came on was Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. My iPod loves me. I rested my head against the window and closed my eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

A relaxing nap and many snacks later, we had finally landed. I had only been up for an hour or so. My mom chose to wake me up because she was bored. She just loves me so much. I was becoming impatient while we were waiting for the plane to get to the actual gate. It's so weird how fast you go in the air, yet you go so slow on the ground. Don't you think it could go just a little bit faster?

We got off the plane after what felt like ages! My mom and I went to baggage claim to get my heavy suitcases. Harry and Niall were coming to pick me up, and then my mom would be staying at a hotel tonight and leaving in the morning. After we got my luggage, Niall had just texted me. He said that they were going to be a little later, fifteen minutes at the most. I suggested to my mom that we go to Starbucks, and she happily agreed. We're literally obsessed with that place.

In like five minutes, we were sitting at a table, enjoying our drinks, reminiscing about random things. It just hit me how much I was actually going to miss my mom. Most girls would be so happy to get away from their parents for a bit, but I'm close to my mom. She's like my best friend, sometimes. I really will miss her. She kept going over all these rules and guidelines for me. Psh. As if she can monitor me while I'm traveling the US. We were about to get up, when two familiar boys came walking our way.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, giving them both hugs. I then introduced them to my mother, and they hit it off well. I'm not really positive what they were talking about, I just stood there smiling like an idiot. After a bit of talking, I was saying my goodbyes to my mom. Of course she would start crying. Why does she do this to me? I wiped the tears from her face and pulled her in for another hug. I hated seeing my mom cry. Harry and Niall, being the true gentlemen they were, each took one of my bags, leaving me with my backpack and guitar. They walked me to the car and loaded the trunk. Harry got in the driver's seat and Niall and I got in the back. We pulled out of the parking area, and hit the road. Niall informed me that we were going to rehearsals first. I was pretty excited for that, unlike the two of them. I've never used all the big equipment they get to use. I was the "newbie" as of now.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the studio. It wasn't some small place, like I thought. This place was huuuuge. I can see myself easily getting lost, with the wonder sense of direction I have. Harry parked the car and we headed inside, where we were meeting the other three boys. I was scheduled to be practicing separately from them, is what I've been told.

In the building, I greeted the others, before some lady took me to the studio. I already had my guitar with me and my song book. She started going over basic instructions and how to use some stuff. I listened to her and began my practicing. I started off with one of my favorites, Holy Ground. I wrote it about three months ago, I guess. I've always tried to keep up with the dates my songs were written, but I'm too lazy. My fingers began playing the tune, and I got lost in the music.

I continued to play more songs, getting good feedback from the lady, whose name I learned to be Lauren. I chose a slower song next. I moved to the piano. I ran my fingers across the piano, goofing off a bit. I was not used to playing such a nice piano. Er, scratch that, Grand Piano. This quality was going to be a lot better than my ole' keyboard. Before I started playing, I heard five, noisy boys coming in. I turned around, and they each gave me a thumbs up. They weren't done, were they? I adjusted the music on the stand and took a deep breath. I played the introduction, then opened my mouth to sing.