Chapter Forty-One

Chelsea's POV:

Despite the fact that just an hour ago I wanted nothing to do with Niall, he was sitting next to me as we shared the one small blanket I had in my dorm. The only sounds noticeable in the room were the sounds of our breathing and the pitter-patter of each rain drop hitting the roof above us. Words still have yet to be exchanged between the two of us, but one of us will come around eventually. Until then, we'll be sitting in silence trying to keep warm. 

"Start from the very beginning. I want to know every detail." I finally said something after too many minutes of silence. 

"It all started that day Harry kissed you. I was mad, upset, and I left to go to a bar. As you now know, management has an eye on us at all times. I don't know how they knew, but they knew I had feelings for you and wanted to prevent my feelings from growing. They targeted an innocent girl in the bar, Kimberly, and they paid her to carry out their plan. She came up to me in the bar and had a conversation with me. Weeks later, we're dating. And then you know the rest. We began dating and then, they got their plan back on track." he sighed.

I sat next to him and exhaled loudly. Why wouldn't his management want us dating? It just doesn't make sense. We never hurt anyone. Why would their only goal be to separate us? You can't manipulate someone into choosing between an important career or a person. You just don't do that. Then again, One Direction's management doesn't know what the difference between right or wrong is in our society. 

It was only a matter of minutes, and we were back to staring around the room and not speaking. It's not that I didn't want to talk to Niall, I just found myself at a loss of words. This whole situation that we're in, it's none like any other. Not every day you have a group of people trying to keep you and a boy from dating. This was just the start to a long night for Niall and I.

At midnight, Niall and I were still in the same spots, still sharing the now damp blanket. A couple of words were said here and there, but other than that, there hasn't been much change. I was beginning to think we would continue sitting on my bed not saying a word for the whole night, until Niall said something. 

"Do you believe me or do you just want me to get out of your space?" he asked me quietly. I looked at him with a pained expression and started processing all the thoughts that had been wandering through my mind. 

"I do believe you, sincerely. But I can't get passed the idea that all of this was truly my fault. I went around eight months thinking I was the reason we separated. I thought you just didn't love me anymore." I said, before I started choking up. I did not want to begin cry- there wasn't a point in crying. It wasn't my fault, yet I still believed it was.

I was taken away from my thoughts when Niall wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me into his chest. Even though he was freezing cold from his wet clothes, I suddenly felt warm. I wasn't on the verge of tears anymore. I was perfectly fine. And that's when it occurred to me. Whenever I'm with Niall, nothing else matters. I could be in a life-or-death situation, but as long as I have Niall there with me, I would be fine. I found it; I found the answer to why I had been a nervous wreck for the past eight months. All because Niall was plucked out of my life. Without him, I'm not myself. I need Niall, and I can't bare to lose him again. 

Niall had been rubbing his thumb on my shoulder for the past four minutes, while I was taking a personal vacation in my head. Suddenly, everything that had happened between the two of us in the past eight months didn't matter. I placed my hands on Niall's cheeks and kissed him. 

Regardless of the wet clothes that we were wearing or the fact that we were both sitting on a twin bed in a disgusting, dorm room, it was possibly the best kiss I had ever had. A kiss full of sorrow and compassion. A kiss that showed Niall I believed him. 

One Week Later....

Six days following my little reunion with Niall, he was in Atlanta and I'm at home for the summer. We met up only one other time before he left. However, it was on the down low, per my request. I'm pretty sure their management already knows, though. As he said before, they do know everything. 

Both Niall and I are still a bit sceptical about dating each other again. It's not that we don't want to date one another, because I think we both proved that in fact we do, just last week. Personally, I'm anxious about what their management could do. I already know what their capable of, but according to Niall, that was very mild. As for him, doing anything with me puts his job at a risk. I'm no four-leaf clover for Niall, at the moment. 

The bad part about starting a relationship with Niall right now is the fact that he's on tour, and I'm about to start a tour. We're going to be waiting a lot of time just to figure things out. The kind of time Niall nor I have the time for. Life is complicated, to say the least. Especially in the life of two possible star-crossed lovers. 

Niall's POV:

New complications had arisen with management. Management and I had definitely had our differences in the past, but it doesn't stop there. I don't know why I was shocked that they knew about me getting back to Chelsea. Of course they knew. They know literally everything, even before I do. 

It wasn't long before Chelsea and I were parted again, two days to be exact. We sorted things out, yet we didn't. There's still unspoken subjects yet to be discussed. Sadly, when you live lives like we do, you can't reschedule something to meet up- you just wait it out. 

I'm afraid that if Chelsea and I continue to wait, that she'll change her mind. She'll realize I'm not good enough for her. My biggest fear is that she'll fall out of love with me, which wouldn't turn out well, since I've fallen head over heels for her. It's like Chelsea is the criminal, and I've been her victim caught under her spell for the last two years.

My only hopes for the future, are that one day Chelsea and I can live normal lives together, at least the closest to normal we can get. I want to be able to spend all my days with her, without other people getting in the way of our happiness. I want it to be just Chelsea and I against the world. Is that really too much to ask for? 

A/N

Another chapter from me? Wut wut wut. I've had a lot of time on my hands lately, and I love writing, so this is why you all have had three updates in about two days! Hope you enjoy all the chapters. 

As much as it pains me to say this, I know this fanfic is nearing an end. I'm not exactly sure when it will end, but I can sense it. I wanna say there will be somewhere between forty-five to fifty chapters in all. This only leaves about four to nine chapters left of my story. But if you really like this story, I'll be writing a two or three chapter epilogue! No worries. 

I know I say it a lot, but every one of y'all's comments just put a smile on my face. They are all so sweet! I can't believe half of you like my writing so much and don't think I'm so crazy freak. But seriously I can't say thank you enough to anyone who's read, voted, or commented. Regardless of the action, it's something. So thank you all so much. I love each and every one of you! Xxx Oh and the song has no meaning to the chapter, unless you can tie someway it does. It's just my song obsession, atm.