Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chelsea's POV:

To my parents dismay, I was not going to be returning to school in the fall. I had other things to think about; I had my music career to think about. If I want to be a successful artist, I can't be stuck at university studying prelaw or going to med-school. No matter how many people I'm letting down, I know that this I what want, and I shouldn't base my wants and desires off of what others want for me. I'm my own individual. 

Shockingly, it only took me three weeks to finally decided what I wanted to do with my life. I quit listening to what my head was saying and began listening to my heart. Even though the whole thing sounds incredibly cliche, it really helped in choosing what to do. Ever since I was a child, I wanted to do something, anything with music, and it just now occurred to me that whatever I'm doing here at New York University has nothing to do with music, to any extent. 

So after I complete these remaining three months at NYU, I will head home for the summer and embark the musician life. Simon Cowell got in touch with me about a week or two ago, and he confirmed the Red Tour. It's crazy how things work out so well. The day before Simon called me, I had literally just decided on what I was going to do. The world has been in my favor lately, and I was definitely not complaining. 

There's unbelievably very little I actually have to do in preparation for the upcoming tour. My  management will be setting up venues and dates. I now have three stylists; one for clothes, one for hair, and lastly one for make-up. The only thing I have to do is make sure my songs are ready, and have my musical instruments. It's so surreal that just a little over a year after my album was released, I'm getting ready to go on a tour throughout America. Thankfully, I've had the wonderful opportunity to experience this before, so I won't be as nervous. 

After I told my parents about the tour, I believe they felt a bit better about my decision. The only reason they really want me to school, is so I have something fall back on, if this artist thing doesn't work out. No matter how much my parents support me, they'll always want the best for me. And once they have their minds set on what they think is best for me, they won't stop trying to get me to follow their dreams for me. My parents can be a bit adamant at times, but aren't all parents?

With all this feuding between my parents and I, I haven't really been focusing on my school performance as much as I should be. Luckily, my grades haven't dropped. School just hasn't been my main priority for the last couple of weeks, which is unlike me. I can only assume these recent challenges life has been throwing at me have basically just changed me. I don't really care about as much as I did before. I totally went against my family's traditions and became the Briggs' family outcast. There's nothing wrong with being a little different from the norm.. Is there?

Most of the friends I made here at school were upset that I am not coming back next year, but they're all very understanding, and they're going to support me in whatever I do. Thankfully, I was blessed with the gift of picking loyal friends. 

Now that I had my life figured out, I just needed to survive these few months left of school. It can't be that hard, considering I made it out of high school alive.

Niall's POV:

"To the start of the Stadium Tour!" Louis announced, raising his beer to the center of the table. The other three and I mimicked his actions and toasted to our upcoming tour, which was commencing next week. 

As soon as I found out about the tour, I was so excited. We will be taking on new countries, seeing different sceneries, and learning the culture from all these different places. I am incredibly eager to get this tour on the road. It's so diverse from anything we've ever done, and I'm ready for whatever glories this tour will bring us. 

Harry and Louis, also known as the mischievous ones in the band, decided for us all to go out and enjoy a couple of beers before we head off on this international tour, since we won't have much time to just hang loose and have fun. And for the first time in a long time, I wasn't forced to come here. I willingly chose to come along. I'm sure if I didn't, there would still be some forcing..

I was pleased with my decision to hang out with the boys tonight. I really needed to get out and do something productive. I've been the epitome of lazy, lately. I mean like, I'll sit in bed all day, type of lazy. I literally sat in bed the whole day, only getting up to do daily necessities. It is pretty pathetic, if you ask me. I resent that lifestyle, and I doubt I'll be like for a very, very long time. 

Around 1:00, I stumbled into my apartment after one too many beers. I would sure be suffering from a hangover tomorrow, but that was the least of my worries. Tonight had turned out to be a success. I had a lot of fun- more than I've had in awhile. Who knew that a night out with the boys, at some pub, would be the cure to my unhappiness.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day we initiated our Stadium Tour. It's a time for new hilarious memories, new places to explore, and new fans to meet. I was a happy man. It could be because I love going on tour so much, or the simplicity that I love to perform on stage.

Whatever the reason for my sudden burst of happiness, I'm glad it came now- at the time I needed it most. I've been too sluggish and unhappy for way too long. It feels good to be my old self again. The carefree, happy, Irish lad was back. 

A/N

So Niall's back to his old self, and Chelsea took charge of her life and decided what she wanted to do. I hope all you lovelies like the chapter, and if you do, let me know in the comment section not too far below this or vote for it! And I have a question for everyone reading this! Do you guys want a sequel or not? I have ideas for one, but I'm not sure if I want to write one or not. What better way to find out than to ask you guys? Just let me know! Xxx And enjoy this little gif of our little leprechaun, and I thought you all might enjoy a layered version of Irresistible. I know I do!