Chapter Forty-Two

Niall's POV:

Chelsea and I beat the odds and reformed from being a statistic in another book. Studies say that 70% of all long-distance relationships fail, but I guess you could say our relationship isn't like any other. Two tours were between the two of us being together up until this day. Now, nothing stands between us, and boy, it never felt so good. 

Distance can do a lot to people, as can time spent away from them. Surprisingly for Chelsea and I, we made it through it all with positive results. I remember when we saw each other for the first time, without a time limit or people watching us, it was like a burden had been lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't so tense anymore, and I could just do whatever, in terms of legal things. 

I was brought back to reality when I felt to arms wrap around my torso. It could be the faint smell of perfume that gave it away, or the fact that I just know my own girlfriend's touch that I knew who it was. 

"That was the last box!" Chelsea cheered, pulling my hand as she guided us over to the couch. I asked Chelsea about two weeks ago to move in with me, and she actually agreed. I didn't want anything to stand between our relationship any longer, so I asked. Thankfully, she thought it was a good idea. Thirteen days later, we're bringing her abundance of boxes all the way up to my apartment and officially moving her into now our apartment. 

I was super glad to have all the unpacking done. And I thought bringing the boxes up the stairs was hard. The sooner we got it done, the sooner we could begin our lives together, even though it's technically already begun. 

It was the first night Chelsea and I had alone. We actually had time to spend with each other. That's something we haven't had in a while, and nothing could ruin it. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Around 3:00 the next day, I came back home after picking up a few things at Liam's to find Chelsea curled up on the couch in sweatpants and one of my t-shirts, watching reruns of Supernatural. Either she was too absorbed into the TV show, or she was too lazy to socially interact with me. Whichever the answer was, her show was about to be interrupted in T-Minus ten seconds. 

"Oh baby doll." I sing-songed to gain her full attention. She paused the TV and slowly turned to glare at me. 

"Don't call me that Niall!" she complained, "You know  I hate that."

"More reason to call you that." I teased. She shoved me as I took the seat to her left. I put my arm around her and pulled her into me, placing a kiss on her forehead. I leaned in to kiss her on the lips, but was abruptly pushed away. 

"Nope. You called me baby doll. Not happening Mr. Horan." she giggled before walking into the kitchen, where I followed her to like a lost puppy. 

When she reached her destination, she turned around to face me, resting all her weight against the counter, with her arms crossed. I laughed at her pathetic attempt of acting mad, becase in a matter of seconds I could get her to laugh hysterically. I took her hands in mine and pulled her in the center of the room, where I began dancing with her. 

"Niall, what are we doing?" she questioned.

"Dancing, of course!" I exclaimed.

"You are so weird." she chuckled.

"Not as weird as you, baby doll." I joked with a wink. Within two seconds she pushed me away from her, trying to conceal the smile that was sneaking up on her face. No matter how much she hated the name, she always laughed or smiled when I called her that.