Epilogue Part One

Today was the day. I was marrying my best friend in exactly two hours. I still remember the way he proposed to me, like it was yesterday. The thought is fresh in my mind, and I find myself thinking about it way too often. 

Flashback....

"Chels?" Niall poked my cheek. 

"Hold on- my phone's going off. I reached ahead of me and grabbed my phone of the coffee table. 

@NiallOfficial retweeted your tweet! It read. I slide the unlock button to find out which of my stupid tweets Niall decided to retweet. It was probably an ugly selfie I put up in high school or something like that. 

When Twitter loaded on my phone, I was confused as to why Niall tweeted my tweet that I sent him before we'd even met- the tweet that basically started our relationship. 

"Niall why would you retwe-" I stopped myself when I saw what he was holding and returned my gaze to my phone. 

"What is that?" I asked him, referring to the ring he was twirling around in his hand. 

"Marry me?" He asked hopefully. 

"Oh my god! You are so adorable- of course I'll marry you!" I cried and attacked him with hugs and kisses. I watched him as he slid the ring on my left hand, as a tear rolled down my cheek. Niall wiped the tear away and kissed my lips. 

End of Flashback....

People were rushing around trying to get things in order and calling for people, while I sat in my chair, staring at my ring in adoration. Most girls love a big, elaborate proposal, but the way Niall proposed was absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better proposal. He is the best.

After all those months of planning, I could finally get rid of all the stress and smile again. I was getting to marry Niall, what was there not to be happy about? 

Of course my three best friends: Olivia, Paige, and Reagan were all in my wedding as bridesmaids. My sister was my maid-of-honor, and her daughter, Lauren, was the flower girl. Not counting the mother-of-the-bride, that was the girl side of the wedding party. For the boys side, you had Niall, of course, the rest of One Direction, and Greg, Niall's brother. Deciding who was going to be in the wedding was possibly the easiest step of the many steps to producing a successful wedding. 

My caramel hair, was in a simple Bohemian braid, with some stray pieces purposefully left out. To tie it together, I used a clear elastic, with a circular, diamond broach. The up-do was comfortable, cute, and stayed out of my face. As for make-up, I had very the minimal on, just eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. It was all simple, but went amazingly well with the dress. 

My mother helped me zip up the dress, and it clung to my body. The minute I tried on the dress, three months ago, I fell madly in love. It was a mermaid dress- it began to flare out a little bit below the hips and the remaining material was ruffles. It is absolutely perfect. 

I stared at the person looking back at me in the mirror. I had grown up so much, that I hardly resembled the young, seventeen year old girl I was when Niall first asked me out. I had recently had my hair cut- six inches completely gone. I grew a couple of inches, and I just looked all around more mature and older. That is what happens when you grow up. 

"You look gorgeous, Chelsea." My mom told me, resting her hands on my shoulders. 

"Thanks mom." I smiled, setting my hand on tops of hers.. I looked around the room, to see everyone looking stunning in their dresses, with their hair and make-up done to perfection, and a smile appeared on my face. The wedding hadn't even started, but it was already a perfect day.