Thinking about you...

"Home" She saw her mobile buzz as she sat on her bed. She gently caressed the ring on her finger pondering whether to call or not. It's been two weeks since she came back to her parent's home. The longest she hasn't seen him. She tried to call him whenever she could, but their timings clashed as one of them was busy when the other was free. She texted him several times that day, but he texted her back saying he was in meetings. It was 10pm already and she wondered what kept him so busy throughout the day.

"When are you coming back?" Ferit asked her as she answered the call.

"In a week maybe" She was still undecided about her return though things seemed better with her mother and sister now. She was back at her family home after a long time and enjoyed spending time with her parents.

"Do I have to tolerate this new chef for another week then?" She could hear him say with a sigh.

"Wow, the new chef lasted for two weeks, maybe you need to carry on with this one then?" She teased him.

"No way I'm eating the same boring meal every week." She heard him say.

"Says the person who used to hand out a menu for the same things every week" She scoffed.

"Well, that was before a certain person decided to alter everything." He shot back.

"How's Engin?" She asked knowing her best friend was driving him mad.

"He's coping okay for now, but I think it would be a lot better if you come back and handle your friend." She smiled at his way of asking her to come back soon. Engin and Fatos picked a date to get married next month and she knew her friend was driving everyone mad.

"Given the circumstances, I think it would be better if I relax for another week" She decided to pull his leg.

"No way!!" He almost screamed causing her to chuckle.

"You're busy even to send a text, what difference does it make?" She feigned anger.

"Are you there?" He asked as she treated him with silence.

"I had to schedule a few meetings at the last minute" He tried to calm her down.

"I miss you, it's just that Demet started going back to the office last week and I wanted to make sure she was settled." She missed the warmth of his arms around her.

"Is she okay now?" He understood her feelings.

"Yes, she seems to enjoy the work." She answered him and they talked till they fell asleep.

Next morning, she had breakfast and settled in the garden calling Manami, checking the inventory list and other restaurant related accounts.

"Nazli, I'm going to kill you if you don't come to Istanbul soon. There's a lot to do and I need you by my side." She heard Fatos yell as she answered the call.

"Relax I'll be there. I'll sort out cake and catering. You just need to worry about your dress and location." She tried to calm her down.

"I'll once you're back." Fatos took a deep breath and they cut the call bidding goodbyes.

"Surprise" Bulut announced and hugged her.

"Bulut!!" She kissed him.

"I missed you" Bulut kissed her too.

"When did you come?" Her brother didn't tell her anything about their arrival when she called him earlier that morning.

"Just now. Demet hala told me you were in the garden, so I came to you" Bulut explained to her.

She was so lost in pampering Bulut that she didn't notice someone towering over them.

"I'm here too" She heard and raised her head to see him. Bulut ran away inside leaving them alone.

She launched herself in his arms and they just savoured the feeling for a while.

"Let me just look at you" He cupped her face in his palms and then caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"I missed you Ferit" She whispered against his lips.

"What are you doing here?" She pulled him with her to sit on the bench once they pulled apart.

"To motivate you to go back" He answered with a grin as he settled on the bench next to her.

"I told you I'll be back next week. Fatos would kill me otherwise. She's already freaked out." She knew Fatos was driving everyone mad.

"You're going back with me tomorrow. I need you to myself before you get sucked into all the preparations" He announced, and she smiled as he looked at her with puppy eyes.

"As you wish" She gave in as she wanted to get back as well.

"I'll get Ms. Iqbal to find someone to relocate your stuff to mine then" He was about to dial when she stopped him.

"When did I agree to that?" She asked though she was sure they never discussed it before.

"It's obvious" He shrugged his shoulders like it wasn't a big deal.

"No, it isn't. I'm definitely not moving in till we're married." She declared crossing her arms.

"Let me ask her to find an appointment at the registry office then." He pulled out his mobile again.

"You can't do that to Fatos and Engin. Let them get married first" She laughed to see his sudden eagerness.

"Fine, think about everyone else except me." Ferit walked away inside.

She saw him challenge and laugh along with her dad as they played a game of chess. She saw him being generous with praises as he tasted her mother's food at dinner. She even saw him discuss business with Demet but not once did he look at her. She was thankful that Bulut was there so she could distract herself, but his ignorance was bothering her though she knew he was just trying to annoy her.

She tossed and turned in bed restlessly. He simply walked past her to the guest room not even acknowledging her when she was in his path. Fighting a part of her, she made her way to his room and jumped into bed with him.

"I'll leave then, continue to sulk peacefully" She got angry when he turned his back on her.

Before she could leave, he rolled on top of her caging her between his arms.

"And let all my effort to drag you here tonight go down the drain" He looked into her eyes and smiled mischievously.

"I was worried all evening" She widened her eyes in surprise and hit his arm.

"I learnt from the best. Remember how you convinced me for the movie and that party." He caressed her cheek.

He rolled on his back pulling her along with him.

"How's the restaurant doing?" She asked as she played with his fingers.

"Manami said everything was under control. I was also told that you were harassing them every hour with constant calls, monitoring what's going on in the kitchen." He kissed her forehead as a frown appeared on her face.

She slipped into sleep in the comfort of his embrace.

xxx

He woke up stretching himself after a perfect night's sleep. He looked around for her as he felt emptiness and found a note on the side table.

"See you at breakfast".

He got ready and went to join everyone at breakfast. Nazli was trying to persuade Bulut to eat some kiwi while he was running around.

He grabbed her arm and ate the kiwi while Bulut watched them. He regretted it instantly as the sourness hit him.

"Too sour" He struggled to eat it.

"But it's good for you unlike the sweets" Nazli tried to convince Bulut, who wouldn't agree.

"How about you eat one and Nazli would come back home with us in return?" He gave him an offer that he knew would work.

"Really?" Bulut got tempted to eat and approached them. He opened his mouth as Nazli picked up a new piece and brought it near his mouth but ran away at the last minute.

"Bulut, Nazli won't come with us if you do that" He tried to catch him.

"All the best. He's all yours" Nazli handed him the fork and left for the kitchen.

He sat at the table exhausted chasing Bulut across the room but no luck. His little nephew gave him a hard time.

"Guess I don't have to pack my bags" Nazli said as she returned to see the fork with uneaten kiwi.

"Naz, you can't do that to me." He chided her.

"We can't let Bulut get away with it either" Nazli smiled mischievously.

Bulut returned to the table and watched them curiously.

"How about we dip this in some honey and cream?" He proceeded to dip it in honey and cream and held it near Bulut who ate it finally.

He seemed smug while Nazli just rolled her eyes.

"Where are others?" He asked as he noticed it was only 3 of them.

"Demet and Baba left for the office early and Anne is in the kitchen." She answered him.

"I missed your food" He took a bite of the omelette.

"I didn't make it though" Nazli pretended it wasn't her.

"Don't fool me... You made it" He was confident as he took another bite.

"Not bad... you can recognise it now" Nazli looked at him surprised and he nodded smugly.

It was evening by the time they reached home and Bulut was fast asleep. Nazli put Bulut to bed in his room and stepped into the kitchen. He pulled her into his arms and was about to kiss her when the bell rang. He looked at her disappointed while she smiled. He answered the door, and it was their siblings who came to pick Bulut.

"Naz, weren't you planning to come back next week?" Demir was surprised to see her there as she told him she'll be back next week when they last spoke.

"Hmm Fatos called" Nazli answered as she looked at him and Demir didn't miss their communication.

"Good that you're back, the wedding preparations can finally start..." Zeynep was excited about their wedding.

"We haven't decided on a date yet..." He tried to calm down Zeynep.

"Do you think you're going to get a chance? Our parents finally got a chance to organise a proper wedding. They're not going to miss this opportunity." Demir challenged him with a smirk.

"What's going on?" Nazli asked Demir as they sensed he was hiding something from them.

"Sorry we need to leave now, I've an early meeting tomorrow. Is Bulut upstairs? Demir, why don't you go and pick him up?" Zeynep almost dragged Demir upstairs and rushed out.

"Why does it feel like they were running away from us?" He asked Nazli as he leaned against the door waving to their siblings.

"Because they're... I'm sure our parents are planning something." Nazli said with confidence.

"I can still ask Ms.Iqbal to find an appointment at the registry and be done with it" He offered her the perfect solution pulling her in his arms.

"I don't like big celebrations but I do want a wedding. Maybe in your garden, it's got the perfect view." She seemed lost, maybe trying to picture the day in her head.

"As you wish" He kissed her as he lifted her in his arms and headed upstairs.

xxx

Not sure if it was up to the mark but wanted to thank you all so much!!! 11k+ reads though I'm sure half of it could be just mine, trying to recall the story every time I tried to continue it ;) My writing started with this and I would like to see an end to this story like you all do :) Initial idea was to be similar to Dolunay to get them together for Bulut but somehow it progressed into something even more beautiful with all your inputs