One and only...

"Hope you're okay with the food." She saw his mum look at her sharply.

"It's delicious." She liked the food.

"I'm looking forward to trying your food" Pelin looked at her.

"Probably on your next trip, we're yet to open the restaurant." Ferit answered for her.

The desert was served to everyone except Ferit as per usual and Pelin refused as well. It was her chocolate and orange cake.

"So, it was cake in the box earlier." He asked her and she nodded. She thought it was better to get a cake rather than coming empty handed.

He took a bite from her plate and seemed to like it.

"Wow you're eating a dessert and that too from someone else's plate!!" Pelin looked surprised.

"Didn't I tell you earlier, it's a big deal!!" Zeynep joined in.

"Nazli makes the best cakes ever!!" Bulut declared.

"True" He hijacked her plate and she tried to snatch it from him without any luck. Seeing her pout, he gave it back to her.

She was talking to Demir and Zeynep but secretly stealing glances at Pelin and him. Before she could even recover from her doubt whether it was her imagination, or he said that she got a strange feeling sweep over watching Pelin talk to him. His mum interrupted her thoughts.

"Would you like to join me for a walk?" She asked her.

"Sure" She went along though she was a bit scared.

"What do you think of them?" His mum asked her, and she looked in the direction she was staring. It was Ferit and Pelin talking.

"You can tell they're friends." She knew him enough to know that he was comfortable but not relaxed as he was with them.

"Perfect for each other in every sense... if only you..." His mum stopped to look at her.

"I can bore you with countless examples of things that look perfect together but tastes awful. Similarly, they might look perfect but if you don't take into consideration his feelings it might not end well." She knew his mum wanted him to consider marrying Pelin a few years back but he rejected though he never told her why. She walked away.

"That was fiery Naz" Demir joined her as she stood overlooking the lake.

"You heard?" She looked at him.

"I had my share of criticism so didn't want to leave you alone with her." He admitted. She simply nodded.

"She's missed out being with them during an important phase and now even if she tries, they won't let her. The frustration comes out on us. You just have to be patient with her." He advises her.

"She should know she only hurts them more by interfering." She sighed.

"Sometimes I wonder how our lives would have been with our birth mum." Demir looked at her in question.

"She wanted us to be together even if not with her." This was what she realised over the time as she processed everything that happened the past few weeks.

He hesitated to hold her as she was very formal with him since the lies came out.

"We already lost a few years. It's time we move past the lies but remember no more secrets." She finally hugged her brother, ending the formality between them.

When she found out about her adoption, her mum told her that it was her birth mum's last wish that they take her to be loved forever. Later, Demir told her that their mum died a few months after her birth and their dad was martyred in the army. They went and joined others as it was time to leave.