Her secret...

Next morning, Tarik dropped Bulut at Ferit's place. Demir had to go to Rome to meet some delegates and Zeynep decided to join him.

As he was playing with Bulut, Ferit got an important call regarding the restaurant. He instructed Bulut to play on iPad and went to attend the call in his home office.

Ferit ended the call and sighed. The new restaurant did not pass the fire safety regulations and needed some more work. It would take another week or so to correct the faults and he decided to do the electrical checks again as well to ensure no other issues followed up once they opened. The work seems to take a month or so. It is not ideal but better to fix all the problems before than later.

He was back in the living room, but he could not find Bulut anywhere. As he was checking the garden, his foot stepped on one of the trucks and he balanced himself before he fell. He saw a trail leading up to the tent. He went and lifted the covers to see him playing with her.

"Ms. Nazmiye?" He was surprised to see her there. He lifted Bulut and instructed him to clear the trucks.

"Ms. Iqbal asked me to come for a meeting at 10:00." She said not knowing what to say.

"Yes, that means you're here for a professional meeting, not to start playing with my nephew if I'm not around." He said once Bulut left.

"Excuse me..." She looked at him in shock.

"Could you please wait for me in the library?" It seemed like an order even though he tried to be polite.

It felt like she walked away in anger and he went to help Bulut clear the trucks.

"Sorry I asked her to play." Bulut said, holding his ears.

"Did I tell you to not move from the living room?" He asked.

"Yes, but I was bored, and you were not here. I wanted to play. Can I please play with her? Please I already miss my parents." Bulut tried some emotional blackmailing.

"Fine but first I need to talk to her."  He set up Bulut with a game on iPad and went to the library.

"Sorry for being late. I was on call with the authorities regarding the restaurant." He said as she looked at him holding her tears.

"I was scared when I didn't find him in the living room." He admitted. Maybe he was a bit rude but that was the best he could do.

"So, the fire safety got rejected. We are planning some additional works. It may take a month or so to open the restaurant." He continued once their eyes met. It seemed like she was debating something in her head.

"A month" It was all she said when Bulut came saying the iPad was out of charge and he was hungry.

"Bulut why don't you find some cereal? I'll order something meanwhile." Ferit kneeled to face him.

"Can you make me an omelette Nazli?" Bulut ran to Nazli and held her hand.

She looked at him for permission and he simply nodded knowing it was a futile attempt to convince him otherwise.

"Who was she? How could she attract Bulut so easily? Generally, it took ages to get Bulut to warm up to any new people." His thoughts were running haywire as he saw her place Bulut on the counter and got him to beat an egg.

She seemed to have transformed into a different person when she was chopping and cooking, her earlier nervousness was now replaced itself with a calm confidence. It felt like he could watch her all day, her eyes lit up and there seemed to be a certain warmth in her affection towards Bulut.

"Uncle" Bulut's scream got him to reality.

"Take it" Bulut said, handing him a plate while Ferit was focussed on Nazli. She lowered her eyes.