Calm in chaos...

"Nazli, a guest wanted to see you." Manami informed her as she was busy stirring the pot.

It had been a busy week, trying to get back into the routine after her return. She gave instructions on what needed to be don's and headed out.

"Mehmet bey, nice to see you here again." She was pleasantly surprised to see him.

"I couldn't resist. I had to be back in Istanbul again." He had a warm smile imprinted on his face as he saw her.

"What do you want me to prepare for you?" She personally took the order from him and went to prepare it.

"Would you like some coffee or tea?" Nazli asked him after the table was cleared.

"Tea please. Everything was delicious as usual. There's something I want to discuss with you, if you can join me for tea." Mehmet appreciated her food as she came to check on him and asked her to sit down.

"Everything okay? You seem nervous." Nazli noticed he was debating something in his mind and looked a bit lost.

"No matter how much I prepared myself for this, I couldn't get myself to say it in person. I penned everything down for you." Mehmet handed her an envelope and asked her to read it.

"What are you doing here? I thought I made it perfectly clear that I don't want to see you again." She saw an angry Ferit roar at Mehmet Bey as she was about to read the letter.

"Ferit, what are you doing? Do you even know who he is?" She tried to control Ferit who was spitting fire.

"You know each other?" Mehmet seemed curious.

"I don't want to see you here again, leave now." Ferit walked away pulling her along with him and Mehmet left from there giving them one last glance.

"Ferit, you can't behave like that with guests. What's this about?" She asked him in a firm tone controlling her anger not wanting to make a scene.

"I don't want to see that man around here ever again." Ferit said in an authoritative tone.

"It would be better if you tell me what's wrong rather than ordering me. He was one of the reasons I'm in this profession and I can't believe he was sent away like that." Nazli was disappointed that her idol was sent away like that.

Engin came along with a few delegates interrupting their conversation.

"I've to go." Ferit walked away to join them.

She went back into the kitchen, placing the envelope in her bag and got busy with orders. Manami had to drag her out to meet the group as they thanked her for the food. Engin informed them that she was Ferit's fiancé and after a round of congratulations, the team left leaving just Engin and Ferit.

"Nazli, we need to leave now to make it to the store in time for the appointment" Fatos walked in right then, panting.

"Why don't you have a glass of water?" Engin took Fatos away from the table sensing the tense air around them.

She stood there waiting for him to say something, but he seemed to control his emotions.

"I've to go" She turned to leave but Ferit held her hand before she could make a move.

"Naz, I didn't mean to..." He stopped her from leaving.

"I don't know what made you so angry but that's not how you can treat guests at the restaurant. I really need to go now. Fatos needs me, we'll talk later, tonight maybe..." Nazli removed her apron and adjusted her hair. She went in to grab her bag.

"Is everything okay?" Fatos finally asked her as she noticed Nazli zoned out while she kept talking about various styles she had in mind.

"Nothing" She tried to brush it off.

"I don't want you lost while I make the most important decision of my life" Fatos chided her.

"But you already made the decision to get married?" Nazli asked her confused.

"That was way easier than picking a dress. Just look at them." Fatos pouted pointing to the dresses making her laugh.

"This looks even better." Nazli commented as Fatos came out in her fourth dress since the trials started.

"But it's nothing special compared to that..." Fatos was comparing it against the dress she tried for fun years ago in London.

They decided to call it a day and she got a taxi to the restaurant. While in the taxi she opened the letter and read it twice, unable to register what she read. She prepared herself to look at the picture in the envelope.

When she went back to the restaurant, Manami met her in panic. A large group turned up last minute to celebrate a birthday. She got busy with the orders trying to erase all the turmoil in her head. It was quite late when they closed the restaurant, and she headed home.

She opened the door of her apartment to find Ferit sleeping on the sofa while the telly was running in the background. He must have fallen asleep while waiting for her. She turned off the TV and snuggled up to him. She fell asleep instantly on his shoulder as she felt exhausted after a long day.

She woke up as she felt her hand being caressed and she noticed that they were now on the bed in her room.

"How did we end up here?" Nazli rubbed her eyes with her free hand.

"Floating in the air." Ferit teased her.

"It was a busy night." Nazli told him about a large group of 15 that kept them busy all evening.

"Manami told me about it. I figured you would need a friendly shoulder to rest." Ferit told her casually.

"Good thinking." Nazli rested her head against his chest.

"Do you want to talk about what happened this morning?" Ferit asked her as she fell silent playing with his shirt button.

Nazli just nodded and Ferit told her that Mehmet bey was once a friend of his father, but the relationship soured during his father's last days.

"Maybe he had his reasons." Nazli couldn't get herself to tell him what she found.

"It doesn't make any difference now." Ferit pretended not to care.

"Did Manami talk to you about replacing the broken equipment?" Nazli tried to divert the topic.

"She did, I'll ask Ms. Iqbal to sort it out first thing. I might have to go to Rome again. Did Zeynep call you?" Ferit played with her hair.

"Yes, she mentioned some party at their house. What is the party for? New contract?" Nazli tried to find out the details as she didn't focus on what Zeynep told her.

"No... She didn't tell me a thing either, just ordered me to be there for dinner." Ferit seemed clueless.

"Looks like a busy day ahead... Better catch some sleep..." Nazli knew it was still early hours and they both went back to sleep.

xxx

Ferit went home to get ready after a quick breakfast at Nazli's. As expected, things didn't go as expected and he asked Ms. Iqbal to plan his Rome trip.

After back to back meetings, he just managed to relax in his chair when Engin barged in and reminded him about the party at Zeynep's. He left for home to get ready. Nazli told him that she'll meet him directly at the party. They managed to reach at the same time. When they entered, they were surprised to see both their families welcoming them along with Fatos and Engin.

"What's going on here?" Ferit looked at Zeynep for answer.

"Unfortunately we couldn't do anything for Demir and Zeynep. This time, we decided to do everything properly." They were both made to sit down and Nazli's dad answered on behalf of everyone.

The families got them to put the rings on again, exchanged gifts and even made him drink salted coffee. He teased her that it was the third time he held a ring for her. The wedding date was fixed after a month while they tried to convince the families to organise a simple ceremony.

Post dinner he prepared to leave, as he had an early morning flight to catch. Nazli walked along with him to the car. Bulut insisted she stayed with them for the night and she gave in as her family was there too.

"Try not to miss me." Ferit smirked as he leaned against the car door, while she seemed lost. He was leaving for Rome early in the morning.

"I'm sure I've enough things to do." Nazli frowned at him.

"It wouldn't bother you then if I forget to text or call." Ferit pulled her into his arms.

"Don't you dare." Nazli warned him with her eyes and hugged him tight.

"What's wrong?" Ferit asked her as he caressed her hair gently.

"Nothing, just sort out your issues in Rome and after that you're all mine." Nazli seemed to be lost and disturbed all evening.

"I'll always be yours." Ferit sealed his promise with a kiss.

"Wait... There's something you need to know. I haven't told anyone yet." Nazli stopped him as he was about to get into the car and handed him an envelope.

It had a picture of a family and on close examination he could make out that it was Mehmet Bey. The letter mentioned that her birth mother was his sister.

"Did you ever see her picture before?" Nazli looked at him for confirmation though she didn't need one. The resemblance was quite evident.

"No, Demir never got hold of any." Ferit read the letter again still unable to process.

"I don't know what to do. She had a family and yet she gave us up?" Nazli seemed lost.

"We should inform Demir and find out if it's true." He tried to comfort her though he was shocked too.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow after my parents leave. I don't want to give any stress to my mother again." Nazli was concerned about how her parents would take the news.

"I'll ask Ms. Iqbal to postpone my trip." Ferit was about to call when she stopped him.

Nazli assured him that she'll inform Demir and deal with it. Work kept him busy in Rome, but he tried to talk to her whenever he could. Demir looked lost too during the work meetings they had online.

"Nazli, what's wrong?" Ferit confronted her after she fell silent during their video call. He wished he was with her in person.

"Abi doesn't want us to do anything with him." Nazli shared the conversation she had with Demir about how their birth mother's family didn't approve of her marriage, and she had to cut contact with them.

"I think so too, but you don't feel the same?" Ferit knew she was conflicted about it.

"Demir Abi went down the same path. My family forgave him eventually. Maybe she never got her chance." Nazli spoke her mind.

"Is that why you're in London? Did you talk to Mehmet Bey?" Ferit knew her better, though she texted him that she was going to London for Fatos's dress shopping.

"Not yet. Maybe you're both right, it's too late to make amends now..." Nazli told him that she was scared to make a move.

"I've a meeting now but we'll talk soon." Ferit cut the call as he made up his mind.

It was late night when he made it to London after sorting out his meetings and work. He knocked on the door again as there was no response. Nazli opened it half asleep.

"I'm glad it's you. I didn't know which number would be yours, Engin gave me two." Ferit dragged his suitcase in while Nazli just stood there still trying to register his presence.

"Ferit!!!" Nazli was finally alert and jumped onto him, causing him to lose balance.

"Now that's a proper welcome." Ferit teased her as they both landed on the bed.

She sent him to freshen up and they both went to bed as it was quite late. Next morning, she told Fatos about his arrival and promised to join her post lunch. They got ready and went out for breakfast.

"I agree with Demir, but I can't believe I'm saying this. Go talk to him before it eats you away." Ferit let out a sigh.

"I don't want to upset anyone. I just need some answers." Nazli tried to convince him though he gave in already.

"Sometimes I dread thinking about the future, I hope our daughter doesn't inherit your stubbornness." Ferit joked as she gave him a gleeful smile.

"Of course she'll and you'll love her more than anything." Nazli eyes lit up and she kissed him.

xxx

Surprise!! surprise!! This had been in my drafts for a while so pardon me for any mistakes, I'll try to end it in next chapter.