Up in the air...

"I found out the day I came to meet you. It was selfish on my part to agree to be your personal chef but how could I say no to Bulut knowing he was my nephew.  You've to believe me, I wasn't aware you were involved in the restaurant till Ms. Iqbal mentioned it to me." She carried on explaining as he did not say a word.

"Ferit?" She called out as he remained silent.

"Please say something." She asked him as he was trying to sink in the facts.

"What can I say? You could have emailed me when you decided to move here. We can't discuss it like this, I'll see you tomorrow." He was unable to say anything, his thoughts went haywire and he cut the call.

It was like a nightmare for him. He turned on the record player and stared at the moon looking for answers. How could she not inform him earlier? Did she think he would have stopped her from seeing Bulut? It was him who shared every detail of Bulut's childhood with her. His first smile, his first word, his first walk he told her everything. He did stop emailing her few years back but still he kept his promise of delivering all her gifts to Bulut. After her first email, he recalled his idea to set up a private postal box so she can post gifts to Bulut. 

What is hurting him more? The chef he is starting to admire is Naz, Bulut's aunt or whether Naz, the person he always admired deceived him. When he first found her letter in Demir's post, he debated whether to contact her or not. He was elated to hear the news of his sister's pregnancy and felt he had to share the joy with her. Her response made him wonder how he would have felt if Zeynep kept him away or had no contact with him. He decided to keep her updated though he knew of Demir's promise to his family to not to contact her. He pulled out his mobile to read her first response

"Hi Ferit,

Thanks for replying to me. It feels good to know that I am in his thoughts. I was disappointed that he did not meet me before he left. I understand he does not want to talk to me, but I am thrilled to know about the news of the little one. I could only imagine the joy of holding the baby. I was passing by this children's store and went crazy picking up stuff. I can only hope to hear from him once he returns from his vacation.

Regards
Naz"

Zeynep was calling him and he composed himself.

"Ferit, did Bulut make some cookies at your place?" She enquired.

"Yes" He answered simply.

"Could you send them please? He's been requesting for them all day." She knew her brother would never say no to his nephew.

He decided to deliver them himself hoping Bulut would provide him much needed distraction.

"What a surprise!! You didn't have to come yourself." Zeynep was shocked to see her brother at this hour.

"It's fine. I wanted to check on Bulut. How are you doing?" He walked in and picked up Bulut, who ran into his arms.

"My cookies?" Bulut asked without wasting time.

"This is not fair. Do I not get any gift for bringing them?" Ferit faked anger.

"Here. Can I have them now?" Bulut kissed his cheeks.

Ferit handed it to Zeynep, who took out one cookie and handed to Bulut saying

"Brush your teeth after eating and straight to bed"

"Promise" Bulut said and ran away.

"Mmmm.. these are delicious!! No wonder Bulut wanted to eat just these. I need to meet this chef." Zeynep said, tasting one of the biscuits. She handed one to Ferit, who refused.