14 - Questions and Answers

"Ah Wilbur, I need to talk to you about something," Charlie said, nearly walking past the room door. He came in and sat down on the floor, his leg bobbing up and down.

"What is it," Wilbur asked, setting the pipa, a wooden stringed instrument, he was playing down.

"Somethings up with Schlatt," Charlie said, "I was at city hall a few days ago and he was meeting with this guy. They were talking about deleting some files. Oh shoot, what was his name again?"

"That doesn't sound like something Schlatt would do," Wilbur said, the three had known each other for years, but he had never thought of Schlatt doing anything like hiding things from the public.

"Clay! That's his name," Charlie exclaimed.

"Tommy's brother!?" Wilbur said, deleting files did sound like something he would do. "He's a no good prick."

"Wow, why would someone be like that to their own family," Charlie said.

"Well I mean he adopted Tommy, but still even if not biologically related it doesn't make sense," Wilbur said, he, Asami, and Phil had been looking into ways of getting Tommy away from him. But without any knowledge of who Tommy's parents were, finding any living relatives of his was nearly impossible.

"Hey," Phil poked his head into the room. "Have either of you seen Tubbo?"

"Try one of the girls' rooms if he's not in his," Wilbur said. Phil went off the check, to find Tubbo talking with the girls in the living area.

"Hey, I've got Tommy on the phone," Phil said, handing over the flip phone to Tubbo.

"Hello?" Tubbo said, he signaled for the others to stay quiet as he put Tommy on speaker.

"Uh, Hi Tubbo," Tommy said, there was silence for a bit. "I need to ask you something and I want you to answer honestly."

"Okay," Tubbo said, confused by the request, but happy to answer whatever questions Tommy had.

"I need you to swear to answer honestly, because it has to do with me possibly being the Avatar," Tommy said.

"I swear," Tubbo said immediately.

"Wait," Puffy said, quickly muting the phone. "He might be with Clay."

"No, he mentioned being the Avatar, he wouldn't if he was around his brother," Tubbo said, unmuting. "Ask away."

"Well, why or what made you think I'm the Avatar," Tommy asked.

"I don't know, it just felt right. I guess I always knew deep down," Tubbo said.

"Then why tell me just recently," Tommy said.

"Uh," This was one question he hadn't expected. Tubbo didn't want to put pressure on Tommy, but he had promised the truth. "Master Jinora told me and the others that something was going on in Republic City and we would need the Avatar."

"Okay," a simple answer that Tubbo feared carried so much weight.

"Look, Tommy, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, it just never-" Tubbo stammered out.

"Tubbo," Niki said. He looked down at the phone to see that Tommy had hung up.

Back in the Dream Estate Tommy looked down at the phone as he didn't want to hear what else Tubbo had to say and hung up. The teen looked down at the phone and up to Clay standing behind him.

"I know that wasn't the answer you wanted, but sometimes the truth hurts," Clay said as he put a hand on Tommy's shoulder, using the free hand to grab his phone. "What do you want to do?"

"Stay here," Tommy muttered, his voice quiet. He didn't want to, Tubbo was still his friend, right?

But friends don't lie to each other.

Uh. Oh. Inspiration finally struck. Is it good or is it bad? Only I know. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sadly no more QotC as I've reached a point in the story where the plot can't be changed.

Thank you all for reading, please vote and comment. Peace out benders and Minecrafters from around the world!