25 - Secrets from the Past

Carter watched as the two boys were sparring. Ranboo was sent flying back by a large chunk of rock. Tommy laughed in victory, raising his arms up, cheering. Ranboo quickly recovered and sent a stream of fire at Tommy. He reacted on instinct and moved his hands as if pulling the ground towards him. The ground turned red, catching Ranboo off guard and he started to sink down, it then turned black and trapped his legs. Tommy stopped as both Carter and Ranboo looked at him in astonishment.

"Did I do something wrong?" He said nervously.

Carter laughed giddily, "No! You did amazing! You're a lavabender."

"Yeah, but now I can't move," Ranboo said. Carter ran down the cliffside to his house, looking to fetch Philza and Techno. "Wait! Don't leave me. Tommy, let me out."

He smirked, "No, you can figure it out since you're such a strong firebender."

"Tommy, come on, that doesn't mean I can break through obsidian," Ranboo said.

"Wait, I was able to do that," He walked over to the black rocks and poked them. "How?"

"You tell me," Ranboo said. "So you're just going to leave me like this until Phil and Techno come over?"

"Would you like for me to try and lavabend it again?"

"Uh no, I like my legs fully intact."

"Well I was thinking the same thing but you never know. I never know what you're thinking."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You have all these friends, you travel the world, you seem to know everything. I don't like you very much, boob boy."

"Oh, okay," Ranboo didn't know what else to say, he had been nothing but nice to Tommy. "You don't have to, I guess. You don't have to be rude about it though."

"Ru-rude!?" Tommy said. "I'm the rude one!? Who's the person who disappeared for years without bothering to write to Tubbo? He talked about you every day, not by name, but he always was telling me about 'an old friend', his first best friend. He would give the world for you despite losing contact years ago. Yet you have the guts to call me the rude one."

"I-I didn't realize, I thought he had forgotten me," Ranboo said in a small voice.

"What's going on here," Philza's voice broke through the tension in the air.

"I'm stuck and Tommy doesn't know how to safely break the rock," Ranboo said, this argument was between them, he wasn't about to get the adults involved.

"Did you do this," Techno asked as he looked at the obsidian, even he sounded astonished.

"Ye-yeah," Tommy said.

"He's a lavabender!" Carter said excitedly.

"No way, you're kidding," Phil said. "Tommy did this?"

"Saw it with my own eyes, it was amazing," Carter said, Ranboo raised an eyebrow at him, "Well obviously not for you."

Phil moved quickly through the air, then sent a gust of wind at Ranboo's feet, breaking the rock.

"Finally," Ranboo said, flexing his legs. "Thanks Phil."

"Of course mate," Phil smiled. "Carter, where's your pantry? Ranboo and I are going to make one of Kristen's dishes."

"We are?" Ranboo said. Techno rolled his eyes, couldn't Phil choose a better excuse?

"Yeah," Carter grabbed Ranboo's arm and pulled him towards the stairs. "I'll show you!"

Watching as the three disappeared, Techno then turned on Tommy with his arms folded. "I know how to help with your bending problem, but I'll only do it if you agree to it."