39 - One Last Time

Tommy set down the last box from the apartment, looking at the rest of them piled up in the living room. Dream had kept the house very clean, though the extra bedrooms were covered in dust, he wasn't one to hoard unnecessary things. Gab had called the whole thing a family project, something they would all work on together. Tommy on the other hand insisted on having some extra help with it, inviting Tubbo and Crumb–who had shown up with Charlie.

Tubbo came out of one of the rooms, coughing and brushing dust off himself. "Don't go in that room."

"What did you do," Ranboo tried not to laugh at him.

"I tried to get rid of the dust with airbending," He said, "I think I made a dust storm. Not my best idea."

"Definitely not," Tommy said.

"We can alway fix it later," Ranboo said.

"Hey, you know what we could do," Tubbo said, "Make this an all day thing. And then the three of us have a sleepover in one of the new rooms."

"Might as well, day's nearly over. Tom, what about you," Ranboo said.

"I'm down," He said, "Just need to ask Jack first, but I think he'll be fine with it. Actually I had an idea of what we should do first. Be right back." Ranboo and Tubbo looked at each other, confused as to what he was talking about. Tommy ran off and soon came back, wearing a huge grin.

"What are you up to," Tubbo asked.

"You'll figure it out soon," He bounced on the balls of his feet. "If we leave now it'll be the perfect time for what I want to do." Not giving them any time to decide Tommy had already run out the door. The two ran after him to catch up.

"Asami, Asami," Tommy called out running after her as her satomobile pulled up. "You have perfect timing."

"I came to return this," She said, handing him a CD case. "What's going on?" He whispered something to her so that Tubbo and Ranboo couldn't hear. "I'd be happy to." She opened the door and watched as the boys got in.

"Where are we going," Ranboo said.

"It's a surprise," Tommy said, "My best idea ever."

Tubbo laughed, "Why does that make me nervous?"

"Cause it's Tommy and we never know what to expect," Ranboo said.

"I think it's a good idea," Asami said, speeding across the roads and eventually to the Airbender Island bridge.

"What are we doing here," Tubbo asked.

"You'll see," Tommy let out a giddy laugh.
Asami stopped the Satomobile and let them out, "You boys have fun. Stay safe. I'll be sure to drop this off with your uncle, Tom."

"Thank you," Tommy said, then urged the two to follow him as he once again ran off. They finally found out what he wanted to do when they reached a shed and Tommy pulled out three gliders. "So?"

"This is a brilliant idea," Tubbo exclaimed.

"You said we could go gliding again on my birthday," Tommy said, "I thought we could make up for that now that things are slowing down."

"I'm in," Ranboo said, Tubbo agreeing. They each took a glider and climbed up to the peak meant for gliding on the island.

Ranboo went first, Tubbo and Tommy behind, controlling the winds to work in their favor. The three laughed as they went across the entire city. Tommy had been right about it being the perfect time. Lights around Republic City turned on as the sun went down, the probending stadium brilliantly illuminated. Tommy laughed, doing tricks in the air. Finally, he was truly free. They ended their trip where it all started. Standing atop the Probending Gym. Tommy had a lot to work through still, but for once the future looked bright. He couldn't wait to see what it would hold.

The End