oo8

The week had been pretty quiet. Deena actively dismissing my presence. She wouldn't be able to for much longer, we'd be stuck together for a week straight. Alone. This was my chance to tell her how I feel. The time was exactly seven-fifteen. I had to get to school before seven thirty so I could get on the bus for camp, luckily I packed the night before. All my makeup and belongings were tucked away neatly in my YSL suitcase. I looked at myself once more in the mirror, no way Deena will reject this face. There's just no way.

On the drive to school I stopped at the McDonalds drive through. There's this new thing they have where you don't need to go to the window anymore, it's a box we can just speak into. It's so cool. I totally want one in my room, I don't know what for but I want it. "Hi, can I please get an ice latte with four pumps of vanilla, please?"

"Sure, drive on through." The worker said through the box, I accelerated to the next window. As I reach out with my card in my hand, I realised who was serving me. It was Quinn. She stared at me with a shocked look on her face.

"Quinn, what the fuck are-"

"Your total is $3.50, drive on through. Now." She said while refusing to make eye contact with me. I looked away from her, and pressed on the gas to move to the next window. I felt sick. It makes so much sense why Quinn refused to buy in the same stores as us... she was... she was... middle class! What a nightmare. After camp I'll donate her family a couple of hundred-thousands. They need it.

I parked outside the school and drank all of my coffee while flipping through my vogue magazine. That coffee tasted so fucking cheep, this is why I never go there. I watched as familiar faces carrying suitcases walked into school. I hopped out of my car and copied them. I dragged my suitcase out and let it hit the ground hard, I have seven others so does it really matter? No. I have like millions of others.

I dragged it against the concrete and made my way into the lab to meet the classes. I pushed through the door and everyone's eyes were glued to me, understandably. "What're you looking at, weirdos?"

"Y/N, please take a seat next to Deena." The other teacher whose name I've completely forgot, but whose appearance I distinctly remember because of her god awful haircut, said as she ticked my name off her roll.

My eyes searched desperately for Deena. I saw her sitting in the back row. Alone. The dim sunlight hitting her face, her head resting on her fist, she looked as though she was yearning for something. She's so gorgeous. I felt my heart beat quicken as I walked towards her. She snapped out of her gaze and looked at me.

"Hi, Deena." I said softly as I sat down next to her.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Listen, I don't want things to be awkward between us during this trip. And I hope you know, I'm sorry for what I said. And I don't think you're a dyke lesbian whore, by the way." I said
as I looked at her, trying to figure out her next works by her facial expression.

"You know, I already forgave you. But I want you to know, I really fucking hate you for what you said. It was real fucked up. And if I could, I would cut you off for the rest of my life, but we have this stupid fucking excursion so I can't for another week." She said calmly while keeping her eyes focused to the front. "But right after this is done, we're strangers. Nothing more, nothing less. Okay?" She glanced at me, I slowly nodded.

I held back the tears that threatened to fall. Fuck. Why am I crying over this bitch? God, Deena. I hope you get ran over or some shit.