(1)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!" My friends shout as I enter the house. I jump and held my chest,  "Jesus, idiots! I could've died!" I said going into the house. I looked around and saw all the decorations they put, very aesthetic, I must say and neat. Michael was holding the cake, he handed it to me for me to blow the candles.

"I think I'm old enough to not have a birthday party." I said. "No one too old to have a birthday party. C'mon, blow the candles." Said Michael. I smiled and blew them out. Everyone cheers. I gave Michael a small peck on the lips.

"Happy birthday baby." He said. "Thank you. Now I see a pile of presents over there, and I'm pretty sure that's for me." I said as everyone laughs.

We had a fun party. Just us. No other students. I'm way more comfortable with my friends and boyfriend anyway. Also, yes. I am dating Michael.

During my second year, he asked me out and I said yes. He is very loyal, funny, smart, easy going, and completely different from any guy I've dated. We're just a goofy couple, even our friends love us together. He's only a year older than me.

While we were just talking and laughing, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." Said Sarah. The rest of us continued talking. Sarah came back. "Y/n, it's for you." She said.

"Who is it?" I said standing up. "I don't know, he's an old guy." "Huh, alright wait a minute." I got to the door, Michael followed behind me. I open it.

My eyes widened. "Captain Hudson?" I said. Captain Oliver Hudson is my uncle. He works at the UEO and I always call him Captain.

"Hello, Y/n. Happy birthday." He said. I was speechless. How did he know I lived here?

"Uh- thank you. How did you find me?" I asked. "I have my ways."

"So, you live here? Not bad. Are these your housemates?" He said. "Sarah's just here for the celebration and Michael is my boyfriend." I said. "It's a pleasure to meet you. May I have a private conversation with you?" He said. I looked at Sarah and Mike. Mike nodded, telling me to go talk to him. I went outside and closed the door behind me.

"What is it you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Seaquest was found back on Earth. It was in an explosion about 10 years ago and surprisingly, Lucas Wolenczak was found during a meeting in the UEO. He says everybody else must've died during the explosion but him. He was in - what he called - a Stinger."