(12)

"I told you! He's still obsessed with you!" Said Lonnie. "Mike is probably gonna beat him up someday, for you."

"I am literally just trying to scrub off the barnacles off this lost artefact, that is finally interesting, and you're here telling me that my boyfriend of over 10 years will beat up my ex boyfriend of almost 2 years just because he is still in love with me? Which I am not sure of, by the way." I said.

"Yes. Well, maybe not beat up. I don't know." She said. "And you shouldn't. Anyway,  I'm trying to just get it away. I don't want to spend the rest of my seaQuest life like this. I just want to work with my friends again."

"Okay. You're right. But, I'll bet you 10... No, 20 bucks! That he will do something unbelievably and romantically insane." "Like what? Anything could be insane."

"Okay, here." She takes out her fingers to count. "Kiss you unexpectedly, tell you he loves you and wants to run away with you, beat the shit out of Michael, and asks you to watch that show you used to watch with him every night." I said.

"Alright. Deal. I'll put a 20 as well. But, if he doesn't do any of that, gets a girl of his own, and talks to me to clear the air, I win."

"Deal." We shook hands. "Now excuse me. I've got to get back to the bridge. I'll see you at lunch."

"See ya."

•••

I decided to teach Tony again today but this time not late at night and out in the open. In the cafeteria around 1 p.m.

"Reading the dictionary doesn't help much. I can't even pronounce some English words myself. Well, the really difficult ones. Try some books with slang in them first." I said.

"Man, I- I can't do this anymore, I'm just burdening you." Said Tony. "No you are not! Please! I want to teach you it makes me feel like a mother which is what I really want to be soon." I said. "You're not burdening me. Wait, how do you know that word?"

"What? Oh, Burden? I learned that word from TV." He said. And that gave me such a great idea.

"Wait, you've got your own TV in your room right? I ask. "Just a small screen, I usually watch in the break room." He said.

"I've got an idea." I said. "I have a USB filled with some classics and some of my favorite movies and most of them have captions in them so you can go watch them and you can listen and read at the same time!" I said.

"Hey that doesn't sound too bad. I'll try it." He said. "Here, I think I have it with me. If not I must've left it in my room." I said, searching my pockets.

"Found it." I hand I to him. "Don't lose it. Those movies took a long time to download." I said.

"I promise I will keep it safe." He said.

"Alright, I've got to go. I'll see you." I said and left.