(21)

We were at the lab and it was silent between us.

We were making the serum and all.

He kept glancing at me, I had no idea if it was in a good way, a bad way or a flirty way or a scared way. He just glanced all the time.

As we just randomly kept looking at each other, I had to speak up because I hate feeling awkward.

"Lucas-" "Y/n-" we said at the same time.

"Uh, you go first." He said. "No, I wanna hear you out. You know what I'm gonna say. I have no idea what you're about to say." I said.

He sighs. "Obviously, I am still in love with you and I want to run away with you and I want you to break up with your boyfriend of almost 10 years for me because I have loved you for more than that and all I want is for you to be with me because I am so completely and utterly in love with you." He said.

"And I hate feeling so complicated because Mike is a really nice guy and I can see what you see in him that made you love him but I wish I was him, every second. I wish I could have you come into my room and check up on me, I wish you could bring me food while I work, I wish I could kiss you on the cheek everytime I see you and and I wish so much more." He said.

And there was a guilt and most terrible gut feeling I had inside me. I really just wanted to blow my brains out at this point.

"Lucas. I have missed you, I really have but this new personality is not fun at all. I always have thought about our good times together but that doesn't stop me from thinking about the bad ones that were more than the good ones." I said.

"You were the one to cheat, to spread rumors and the one to fight with Michael all the time while working."

"I'm sorry but, I need our story to end here. There are no more chapters for us and you know it but you just can't accept the fact that I won't end up with you and I'll marry Michael." I said.

He starts to build up tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I really am. I can really feel how you feel and it's not a good feeling at all and it's so, so hard to accept but that's how life is." I said, also slightly crying. "But, just so you know, I did love you. I liked everything about you from my very first days."

"I love how clusmy you are and you'd always try to make me laugh and how you tease the whole ship and prank us. Those were good times and I'd kill to have those again without anymore conflict or drama." I said. I held his hand.

"Please Lucas, neither of us can live like this forever."

He wipes his tears and looks back up at me.

"Let's start a new book. Fresh start, no genre, no nothing. See how it goes." I said.

He weakly smiled at me and nodded. "I'd like that."

We hugged tightly and i think we both knew then and there that we had finally made amends and the war was over.

THE END

Yes that is it. I can't keep writing this forever I'm sorry. There was no good to this end but you gotta accept it. Bad or good end, accept it, that's how it is everytime.

I just lost the ideas y'all 👍