(20)

While sobbing, I'd heard the door open and I knew it was Mike.

"What's wrong? What happened?" He asked as he closed the door behind him.

"Lucas is literally ruining my life and I can't take it anymore! I just want to leave Seaquest but I can't because I still have my friends here and it's my job." I weeped.

He let me in his arms, rubbing my back as I sobbed and weeped.

"He still has feelings for me and I don't think he'll ever stop. I just needed time off this toxic ship until the ocean had to get sick and Lucas made it worse!"

"So that's what's going on? Ah..." He said. "I'm gonna be honest with you. I wanted to like Lucas and I wanted to be friends with him until I found out about his actual personality. And I had forgotten that he cheated on you." He said.

"And people always say, 'just forgive and forget.' but I think it's not that easy. Forgiving is but forgetting isn't when it comes to terms like this."

"I hate this toxicity too, hon. Any toxic thing, in this way, I hate. But, you either fix it or leave it. And right now, I think you have no choice but to fix it." He said.

I looked at him and held his face gently. "My wise man." I said with a smile then leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I would probably be such a cold person if you weren't here." I said.

"I'll always be here. I will never ever leave you and I guarantee that." He said, making me giggle.

I sighed, loudly. "What should I do now?" I said then remembered my meeting. "Oh right, I have a meeting!" I said and quickly wiped my tears and stood up.

"I'll see you later." "Try to talk to Lucas, alright? I know you hate him, you can take me along with you and we could talk to him together. But, you gotta try." He said.

I nodded. "I'll try. I've gotta go now or imma be late." I said.

Right when I was about to leave, he said...

"I forgot to tell you, your uniform makes your ass look absolutely amazing." He said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes, "I love you!" I said then left to go to the meeting.

•••

Our meeting was mainly biological, we were just researching further about the cure for the ocean and we got the "recipe" for it and all we need to do is make it and the captain told me and Lucas to make it together which wasn't too pleasing but I did need to talk to Lucas about, you know what.

And I need all of this to end now.