A Deal with the Devil

Unedited. Hope you like it bec I srsly don't know what this was 🥲 comment and vote it you want and feel like it lol

Have fun reading(?)

//

"Good morning, Miss Kim," the guard- Mr. Lim greeted once I was near the glass door. I beamed at him and bowed.

"Good morning, sir."

"Busy day, attorney?"

I gave him a shy shake of the head and blushed. "Please just call me Jennie, sir. And busy day?"

He checked his watch which I knew states it's only 7-ish, "You're kinda early, miss and I'm sorry but I just can't call you by your name."

I pouted, "How about just ms. Kim, kind sir?"

"That I can do." He chuckled and shook his head. "Why so early in the morning, miss?"

I smiled knowingly and handed him a coffee. "Are you saying that I'm always late Mr. Lim? Anyway, did miss Manoban go home yesterday?"

He paused before taking the coffee and gave a fatherly smile before his lips tugged into a frown. "No, ma'am. She left not long before you but she came back with a bag. Ms. Kim Yerim also said that her boss is overworking too much that she's getting dragged into it. That kid needs to rest."

He mumbled the last part but I heard him clearly. I held on a smile and cleared my throat. "I see. Well, I'm off to my office. Please enjoy your coffee."

He said his thanks and reminded me not to bring him any more but I dismissed his worry and started to walk away when he called for me.

"Ms. Kim?"

I slightly turned and asked, "Yes?"

"I do hope it all goes well." He said as he eyed the brown paper bag and the two drinks in my hand. The smile on his face made me confused.

What does he mean by that?

"Have a nice day, ma'am."

Before I could even ask him, he turned his back on me and greeted another employee. Shrugging, I continued to make my way to my office. Once I was inside, I closed the door, placed the breakfast I bought on the table and plopped on my chair.

I eyed the food placed infront of me and sighed. I didn't know what got into me when I stopped by a new café and ordered two drinks and a croffle and a sandwich.

Oh wait. I do know why.

But instead of a what, it's more than of a who with caramel orbs and doe eyes.

The recollection of what happened yesterday gobsmacked me in the face as Lisa's face flashed in my mind.

My eyes involuntarily fluttered close.

"Yours is prettier without a dimple,"

"Didn't I have a crush on you as well?"

Everything happened all so fast that when Lisa was back sitting on her chair and dismissed me, I couldn't do anything but nod and get out of there with my brain scattered all over her floor.

And I think... I think when Lisa held my chin and pulled my cheeks upwards...

I knew it in myself that I wouldn't be able to breathe properly especially when she's near me again.

"Jennie,"

A shiver wracked my body when I remembered how she uttered my name. I felt so silly when I couldn't get it out of my head. It plays and plays like a fucking broken record that would repeatedly bug me even when I close my eyes and try to sleep.