Friendly Dinner?

Note: To be honest, I don't know what happened but here's an update. Hope you like this one and please let me read what you think about it and your opinions and suggestions :)) I highly appreciate those who are still reading this. Thank you!!!

Please keep safe. Everyone's being sick nowadays so please wear your masks and have your vaccines/booster shots.

Xx
//

The obsydian building that looms before me made my lungs contract and I stifled a gasp.

The building of many many floors stood magnificently in the heart of Seoul and the lights that hit the glass windows made it look like it was glowing. Imposing and powerful, like a throne of one of the most powerful gods, Hades. And the Olympian sat on top of it, all in a his glory with his cloak littered with the smoke of memories and dreams, waiting to take a soul in this busy street.

And I feel like his eyes watch me like a prey, him waiting for a perfect chance to claim my soul and lead me to Charon, the ferry man who takes souls across the river of death. Soon, Hades would laugh at my stupidity from watching my memories as they vanish in the sickly and humid air of the underworld.

I shivered at the thought.

I wasn't ready to die but I've brought this upon myself.

My footing slightly gave way, making me stumble a little but thankfully, there was a fire hydrant behind me. I held on to it for support while I brought my gaze down to the intimidating gold stairway that can be seen even from the outside.

My hands became clammier as my eyes caught the one who's responsible to open the door for the customers and lead them inside.

He's like Charon, one that transports the people- dead people from the living to the death.

I shook my head to remove such morbid thoughts but I couldn't help the shiver that wracked my body once more.

He gave me a once over before smiling at me. I returned the smile yet I felt my lips twitch. I took the chance to avert my eyes when he left mine, smiling and welcoming the new guests by the stairs. With this, I drew in a deep breath and shake my hands to get rid of my nerves.

I was at the more affluent part of Seoul so my odd behavior stuck out like a sore thumb. Some people threw me curious glances, some pass by me like I wasn't a shivering mess. I didn't mind them and tried to reign my wits.

I drew in another deep breath and shakily released it, finally determined to enter. The man watched me as I take slow steps towards him, my lips pulling into a smile I usually reserve for work.

"Good evening, Miss."

"Good evening,"

He chuckled and opened the door for me. His gaze turned into something akin to playfulness then understanding. "Took your time, eh?"

"This isn't my scene so..." I left it at that but he nodded his head and his smile softened.

"Ah, yes. It doesn't look like it, though. You look stunning, ma'am."

My confidence rose a little bit at his compliment. "Thank you."

"Shall I guide you to the reception?"

"No," I shakily breathed. "I can go myself. Thank you, sir. Have a nice evening."

"Have a nice dinner, ma'am."

I smiled at him before being frisked towards the reception by another waiter.

"Good evening," a lady whose ponytail was pulled into perfection. There were no loose strands in sight and the ponytail seemed like it was pulling her scalp yet she paid it no mind. I winced inwardly.