Finally Being Honest

note: I srsly can't sleep so I decided to finish this chapter. Sorry for the long wait. Hope you like this!

Happy new year :)

/

/

If you could mush all your most awkward moments in highschool and turn them into one specific scenario, this moment right here would be it.

Which moment, you ask?

This. Right now. Lisa. Jisoo. Chaeyoung. Me. About to have an unexpected brunch (maybe just on my part) and things aren't going well.

No. No. Let me take that back. Things are not that bad but it's bad bad. Do you know what I mean?

No, of course not so let me explain.

The four of us are sitting on the couch inside Lisa's office. Rosie and Jisoo are facing each other while I'm next to Jisoo and Lisa next to Rosie. The food brought by Jisoo and Rosie (plus my very mediocre meal) were already laid infront of us. They all look delectable but no one bothered to reach for the food.

You'd think that with all these food, Rosie must be stuffing herself right now, no?

Well, shit.

She isn't and that's already telling of how awkward this set up is.

Let me tell you that if I could bolt to the door right now and escape whatever this is, I would've done it without batting an eye to save myself from this torture. I'm hungry yet I couldn't feel the grumble of my stomach because of the loud beating of my heart and the heaviness of the atmosphere.

I caught Rosie's eyes and we communicated silently. With the years of growing up together, I was thankful she understood what I wanted with how my eyeballs moved from left to right. I begged her to do something so that we can escape this room and let ourselves breathe.

Her hesistance was exuding off of her so I decided it'd be me who'll first make a move. With much internal struggle, I forced myself to clear my throat. It resounded in the quiet office and thankfully, it was enough to cut the thick silence surrounding us. Taking it as a cue, Chaeng pretended to rummage inside her bad and clutched something I couldn't see.

"Uh... Excuse me," she said to no one in particular. "I need to go to the toilet."

I quickly stood up which made the other two look at me but I only kept my eyes on my cousin and smiled. "Can I come with you?"

She smiled and we turned to our bosses to excuse ourselves. They didn't say anything so we walked side by side to the door, our steps hurried yet calculated. We could feel their eyes following us so when we closed the door behind us, Rosie and I turned to each other at the exact same moment and breathed through our nose.

We both felt the release of our tense muscles and the anxiety dissipating in thin air.

Thank gods.

"Holy shit," was all she whispered while she speed walked beside me.

"Yeah. Holy shit." I repeated, slightly grinning that we somehow managed to escape the room.

We reached the comfort room and locked it. I slumped on the sink with my bottom resting on its edge and sucked in a huge gulp of breath.

"What the hell was that?!" Chaeng asked while clutching her heart and I finally saw what she was holding. It was a pack of mints. I snorted a little and shook my head.