Dead in a ditch

"Hey!" I groaned inwardly as I felt her hands on my bare back which sent shivers of hate and disgust in me.

However, it's a good thing that this bar is dimly lit so she didn't see how my body reacted to her touch.

How dare she.

But I still put on my best smile as I turned to face her. "Hey yourself. What are you doing here?"

She chuckled as she eyed me warily and when she's done, a smirk was clearly visible on her pretty but make up cladded face.

"I'm just chilling here and all. You?"

Oh, you know I'm just avoiding my life and everything but yeah, you could say that I'm also chilling.

Bitch, as if I had the audacity to say that to a fellow lawyer. I'll be digging my own grave if that happens.

I raised my glass of whiskey that's been sitting there for too long and clinked it with her glass.

"Same. Chillin'..." I said and gulped down the now super diluted whiskey.

Ew. This is already water.

"So... found any jobs? I'm shocked to see you here to be honest."

Oh shit, here we go.

I scanned her face as she was watching me with a sly smile on her face.

Don't fucking test me or I'll remove your make up with my fist.

I clenched my jaw as I regarded her statement. "Yeah? Why so?"

"Because..." she twirled the contents of her glass before continuing, "you're the only one of us passers who still doesn't have a job. For goodness sake, Jennie. Are you that incompetent?"

My lips twitched and my ears pounded with rage as I turned to see her shocked face.

"What the fuck did you say?" I said with venom dripping in each word.

Incompetent? The fucking Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, an incompetent person?

Who does she think she's talking to?

She probably saw the anger in my eyes that she suddenly gulped and ordered another drink. "I mean, no offense but you're a lawyer for godsake. Everyone was dying to hire you..."

That's the fucking problem! Nobody seems to want me as part of their company!

For the first time in my life, I am disregarded and ignored.

How is that fucking possible?

"Yeah, right." I said as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Have you applied to this company called--"

I raised my right hand to stop her from talking. "I have no intention to. If you'll excuse me, I don't have time for your bullshit."

Probably, her jaw just dropped to the floor by what I said but I didn't dare to look back.

I hate it when people belittle me and mess with me. When I'm mean to you remember that I'm just returning the favor.

"Jennie!" A college classmate suddenly emerged from nowhere and smiled broadly at me.

"Jesus Christ! Is this my unlucky day?" I mumbled to myself before putting once again my best smile.

"Hey, Christine. What brings you here?"

"Oh. I was here with friends. How about you?"

Bitch, I'm here to clean the tables. Duh?

"Oh. I was just relaxing and all."