Clueless

10 minutes.

As embarassing as it was, that's how long I only lasted. I tried to fight it, I swear. I tried my damn hardest not to give in but with how tired my body was, I already lost the battle. My body betrayed me.

Or did I really lose?

Will it be called defeat when my body found its peace as soon as I felt the soft cushioned and heated seat of Lisa's car?

Sure, I won some sleep and rest. But the moment I opened my eyes, a flood of embarassment crept to me as I saw the dark sky and the engine's shut off.

How long was I asleep? Did I drool? Did I snore?

I looked to my left and saw that Lisa was nowhere to be found. Breathing in relief, I fixed myself with the help of the mirror in the sun visor. Thank gods there were no trace of dried drool on my face. I just hope that I didn't sleep talk or snored. If I did and Lisa will bring it up, I swear I'll resign then and there and change my name.

I eyed myself a few times before being contented with my look. I scanned the car to see if Lisa abandoned me somewhere but her bag was still haphazardly thrown at the back. I squinted in disbelief when I realized what brand it was. How could she just let it-

Rich people.

I let my eyes scan the car again when it settled on a piece of paper near the gear shift. My lips pulled into a small smile and with the receipt folded neatly inside my pocket, I stepped out to look for my boss.

The first thing I noticed after getting out was the cold breeze that was blowing rather harshly. I wrapped my coat tighter and frowned. Where the hell did she bring me?

I squinted my eyes and I finally saw that we were on top of a huge building with no other cars parked on the rooftop. It looked deserted but not totally abandoned since the place still looked groomed and graffiti free.

I stopped for a second to guess where we are but my mind was blank. I shrugged and when I looked to my left, I finally saw Lisa. She was leaning on the hood of her car, her hands both on her pockets and hair swaying with the wind.

I slowly walked towards her and copied her position. I didn't try to fully sit on the hood, fearing that I'll somehow dent it despite my small stature.

Peering at my boss, Lisa gave no reaction at my presence nor did she avert her gaze from the view infront of us. I followed where she was looking and a gasp almost escaped my lips.

The sky was painted with colors of different hues. It's like looking at a kaleidoscope with shades of blue, orange, violet and red can be seen. The sunset in the city aren't these pretty.

Having the urge to capture this moment, I patted my pants for my phone. I slightly frowned when I couldn't find it then I remembered it was inside my bag. Instead of my phone, what I felt was the folded paper I found inside Lisa's car.

I smiled and tapped it through the fabric of my pants.

That's good, I thought. She didn't eat anything before we left so it was a great idea for her to pick something up from the drive through and eat it while I was sleeping.

Relieved, I peered at Lisa and saw a slight difference in her built. Before we had the breakfast/lunch set up, she was slightly thinner compared to now. I remember how Mr. Lim worried for her since she kept skipping meals just to finish all her work or she forgets to eat from being too busy.

Today, she looked healthier and prettier especially with how the colors of the sky are painted on her skin. She was glowing and it was almost picture perfect- like a scene from a hit movie if not for her somber mood and brows meeting in the middle.