Karma

Note: this is extremely unedited and overdue so I apologize for this but I hope you enjoy it and don't forget to leave a comment :) have fun and see you soon once again.

The water travelling down my throat eased the parchness of my mouth and tongue. It felt like I've eaten saw dust and cinnamon powder, sucking all of the moisture of my mouth and leaving it dry. After a few more mouthfuls, I exhaled deeply and wiped the embarassing streak of dried tears on my face.

"More?"

I shook my head and wetted my lips.

"Thank you," I croaked. Chaeng looked at me worriedly.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I briefly closed my eyes and let my full weight fall on my bed. I didn't want to see anything for a moment but the glaring light of the bulb above me was making my head pound. Instead of standing up and turning it off, I just pressed my arm on my eyes.

Darkness and silence.

It was relieving yet nerve wracking at the same time, knowing that she's still here with me yet she doesn't push me to speak.

"You can ask,"

It took her awhile before she spoke.

"I don't know what's happening with you, Jennie and-"

She held my arm that's blocking my eyes to stop me from interrupting her then she continued. "- I don't blame you for that. I don't care if you'll tell me or not but hear me out, okay? Maybe this will help you... pan out your perspective."

When I nodded, she gingerly removed her hand on my own.

"You're a grown woman and I trust you but please promise me one thing? Promise me you'll be careful."

I brought down my hand and turned my head at her. "What?"

"I want you to be careful, Jennie."

"Careful? Why?"

This time, it was her who closed her eyes as if she's taking a moment to think things through.

"Because of who they are, Jennie. With money, anything is possible and the power they have in their hands, it can easily harm you. And no matter... no matter how kind they are to you, you really can't tell what they can do and we still don't know them that well, what they've been up to since college, what happened to them, the changes they went through."

"Where is this coming from, Rosie? And is this because of Lisa and Jisoo?"

She sighed. "I know Kim Jisoo is your friend and Lisa was mine but the versions we know of them, they are long gone, Jennie. They may have changed for the better... or worse. You understand, right?"

"I do b-but..."

"You may think I'm paranoid or whatever but I have a reason and you might want to hear this."

I swallowed before urging her to continue.

"It's about Jisoo." She took a breath and raked her hair with her hand. "You know I work for her, right? Been working for her for how many months now and you know I'm not blind nor insensitive, right?"

There was an uneasy feeling budding inside my chest with how my cousin was acting. It was unusual for her to act like this, to be skeptical about the people around her since she has always been friendly and open. So I decided to listen and keep quiet.

"I... I don't know what's happening, Jennie but somehow... Somehow Kim Jisoo had been asking a lot. About you."

I frowned. She raised her hand to stop me again and continued to talk.