Vindictive

Note: it's already three am and idk what I have conjured or if this is enough for my absence. However, I like this chapter. Maybe it'll feel like another filler chapter. That may be the case but I'm just writing what I feel like writing... So if ever you like this, please let me know :)

(Also, did anyone watch First Kill in Netflix? Bruh, I binged watched all eight episodes and I'm having a huge crush on Juliette. Help?)

Anyway, have fun reading, I guess :)

P.S THIS IS VERY UNEDITED SO PLEASE EXPECT A LOT OF ERRORS AND IT MAY NOT SEEM COHERENT BUT TRUST ME, I TRIED TO READ IT AFTER FINISHING UT BUT IM DEAD TIRED RN. I'LL TRY TO EDIT THIS SOON. PROMISE!

//

The sun was high up in the sky the moment I stopped talking. It wasn't too hot since there was a breeze that would cool us down once in a while. The trees also helped dissipate some of the rays which created a beautiful pattern on our skin. Irene was quiet after that so was I.

To avoid the heavy silence and maybe give her time to digest what I said, my eyes started to roam the whole park. There were a few groups that I found interesting but there was one that stood out too much for me and to the others as well.

Rounds of laughter upon laughter can be heard throughout the small park from a group of friends. A lot of eyes were on them for two different reasons.

One was because they were so loud that it somehow disturbs the peace of the place yet despite the glances and blatant frowns towards their group, the girls paid the people around them no mind.

The second reason was what drew me to them. Despite the loud voices and laugh, I couldn't look away because the happiness they were exuding sounds genuine. I have no idea what they were laughing about but I wanted to join in on the fun and laugh as well but I held it in.

Instead, I smiled while looking at them. It was entertaining to see such unrestrained happiness. They were also so animated since they keep hitting each other and even one snorted so loud that it stopped the whole group before they went ballistic with the attacks and laughs.

Chaotic. Unruly. Loud. Happy.

I think that's the beauty of friendship. It should be messy and fun and to live in the moment while you still have the chance to hang out with your friends before adulthood keeps up and tear you away from everything you enjoy.

After being cooped up inside the house for two days and for spending more time inside the office, it was refreshing to see this unreservedness and none were the forced smiles or tired eyes that I usually see in my workmates faces.

"Do they remind you of us?"

I was pulled from my thoughts when Irene finally moved. From my peripheral, I can see her shaking her head when someone from that group smacked one so loud it rang across the space. I winced before nodding.

"They remind me of you... Rosie, small Chaeng and the others."

"Yeah, us. Isn't that what I said?"

"I never experienced that kind of fun with you."

I was about to avert my gaze from the group when one caught my eyes. She was looking at me inquisitively. I bowed a little to apologize for looking at them but she averted her gaze.

"I never had such an interesting friendship like that," I muttered under my breath.

As lame as it is to admit, it was true. Most of the people I know, their college years and even after that consisted of memories of their friends and what they went through. Ask them how they coped with the stress of academics or adulthood and they will tell you every little detail of their adventures and most embarassing moments.