Chapter 6, the scan

Today was the day that I had to tell Louis, but the problem was that he started back at school this morning. Luckily, I got mum to let me take the day off homeschool, but I still had to wait until he finished.
I had been sick to the stomach (literally and emotionally) all morning thinking about having to tell Louis the news. I only had to wait an hour now, but I felt like time was going extremely slow today.

He was probably never going to talk to me again after this.
Speaking of people not talking to me, Keign has been completely ignoring me this morning, he won’t even look at me. It’s really hurting my soul.
Although today seemed to be off to a bad start, there was one good thing. I finally found something else the baby likes other than dry crackers, candy floss and biscuits.
The baby likes cheese bagels! Now I can have a cheese bagel for breakfast. I didn’t really like cheese bagels that much, but I’d rather eat and digest it than eat what I like and continuously throw up.

I was sitting alone on the sofa watching the news, it was boring as usual. They never talked about anything positive. It was always kidnaps or deaths or bloody politics. I turned it off and decided to text Louis. I was going to surprise him at the school, but I couldn’t be bothered now. Mum was out, Keign was at college and dad was fast asleep, that meant no one would be able to drive me to Kingston and I was NOT getting on a filthy London bus. Not to mention how much after school traffic they’d be, I probably wouldn’t even make it to the school on time.

-Lou, can you meet me at the park after school?
-We need to talk.
 (He answered back faster than I expected)
Sure Rye, I’ve finished a bit early today since it’s the first day back.             
Wanna start walking over? I’ll meet you in 10. Xx
            -Ok see you in a bit.

I left the house and began walking slowly to the park. It was literally 2 minutes away from my house, so I didn’t need to rush.
I wasn’t too nervous about this situation now. I had grown quite attached to this little thing inside me in the last 24 hours, I just had this weird feeling that everything was going to turn out alright in the end.
Since I was early, I decided to take a quick detour to the corner shop and get an ice cream. I lingered in front of the freezer trying to conquer the hardest puzzle of the day. Mint chocolate or vanilla?
When I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

“Hey, looks like you have a situation on your hands.”
It was Lilah. I leaned, in awkwardly giving her a side hug since my hands were occupied with two ice-creams. Lilah had a pink knitted jumper on and a pair of white jeans, with a black handbag on her shoulder. I thought maybe Louis was the only one who had finished early, but the shop was quickly filling up as Sixth-formers poured in one by one through the small entrance. I was starting to wonder when the line would end.
“You know, I think you should just get both before all the ice cream in the freezer melts.” Lilah said.

“Oh, yeah, good idea.”
 I slid the door shut then headed over to the counter. I was fourth in the line to pay, but people kept adding on to the queue behind me. It went almost to the very back of the store.
“How are you and Louis?”
“Oh, the news is travelling around Kingston I see.” We stepped a little forward, now being 3rd in the line.

“Nah not really, Louis is really secretive about you two’s relationship.”
“If it wasn’t for my party, no one would have even known you guys had even hooked up.”

“Well that’s good cos I’d rather NO ONE knew our business.”  I said, hoping she’d take the hint.

“Oh.” She said zipping her mouth shut.
I gave the shop keeper a fiver for the two ice-creams and a pack of peppermint gum, that I picked up from the front desk.  He gave me 2 pound change and I headed for the exit with Lilah following behind me.
“Aren’t you getting anything?” she shook her head and began to explain that she saw me on the way home through the window and just came in the say hi.

“Alright well, I’ll see you later, I got to go and meet Louis.”

“Alright see you, Rye.”

 “Bye!!!” I said, as I speed walked round the corner.

 The Park was empty. It usually was. Kids hardly came round here since it was quite old. That’s alright though, because it makes it a great hangout area for teens like me. Once I got to the park gate, I saw Louis sitting on the swing, dragging his feet back and forth in the dirt. He was wearing a grey tracksuit and white trainers. His tracksuit was a size too big, making it baggy around his quite slim body. His straight brown hair was flopping over his face as he stared at the ground, he looked as if he was day dreaming. I opened the gate slowly, trying my best for it not to squeak, and walked through the grass to the small swing set.
“Hey Lou.” I said, sitting in the swing next to him. He lifted his head and smiled.

 “Hey.”
  “Is that one for me?” He said, pointing at the vanilla one.

“Not really, but sure you can have one.”
“Come to think of it, I like mint chocolate better anyways.” I said, handing him a cone.

“So why'd you ask me to meet you here?” he asked, licking his ice cream.
I was about to tell him, but then another thought popped into my head instead.