Chapter 19 : Heartbreak

I had been hurt before, but never in my lifetime had it felt as painful as this. How could he do this to me? He promised me! 
He said he’d never be like his dad and yet he drank himself senseless.
He said he’d be the best boyfriend he could be and yet he cheats on me. I would have felt better if I had caught him with a different girl, any other girl in the universe. Even with my best friend.
Why did he have to choose her? He knew I didn’t like her.
What about his children? OUR CHILDREN.
He said we’d do this together, but not anymore. After last night, I didn’t want to see him again.

He tried to run after me that night. After I left the room. I didn’t even go to the bathroom, I just needed to get out of there. 
I hid within the crowd of people, tears streaming down my cheeks as I quickly texted Eli.
I was panicking because I didn’t want Louis to find me, so I shuffled into a dark corner, accidentally bumping into two people making out.

“Oi!” the girl yelled.

“Watch where you’re going!” The boy said.
The boy’s voice sounded familiar.

“Sorry.” 

Then the boy stepped forward, catching a Ray of light. It was Keign.

“Rye?” 

“Keign? You’re...you’re with a girl?!” I said.

“Oh um....” he scratched the back of his head nervously.

“Wait, were you crying?” he asked.

“Yeah, where is Eli? I need to find him now.” I said urgently.

“Milly, find me later, I gotta deal with something for a sec.” He kissed her on the lips, she smiled and waved as she walked away. I was dumbstruck. Keign? The science geek? The quiet shy nerd in high school? My twin with a candy floss obsession? He was making out with a girl at a party. I was too overwhelmed to process anything at that point. I just needed to make sure Louis didn’t see me and I was starting to feel more ill.

“What’s wrong Rye?” he said.
I took a deep breath.

“I found Louis.....with Levaeh.” 
His fists clenched instantly. I didn’t have to say anything more, Keign knew what I meant.

“Keign, I know. I just need to find Eli, he’s going to take me home. I can’t be here any longer.” 

At the mention of Eli’s name, my phone vibrated in my jean pocket. Eli was calling me.

“Did you get my text?” I asked

“Yeah I’m outside in the car.”

“I’m coming out now.” I said And hung up.

“Eli's outside.” 

“Keign?” his fists were still clenched and he was glaring in rage at Louis. He looked like he was asking around for me in the living room now. Jumping from person to person.

“Keign!”
“Just go, I’ll meet you at home.” He said. 

I opened the front door, got in the car and left without looking back.