Chapter 21 : It's time

"WHERE THE HELL ARE THE BAGS?" Keign panicked. 

"Breathe honey, just breathe." 

"I'm calling an ambulance." Jordan ran towards the house phone. 

Today was the day. 9 months of pregnancy, 9 months of chaos. 6 months of things going wrong and today was the very last one. Because it wasn’t February 14th. It was February 4th.
My induction wasn't for another 10 days.

The babies were coming early and at the most inconvenient time.
The day of my baby shower.

The house was all decorated for the occasion, mum had gone all out. Guests were meant to start arriving at 3:00pm, which was in an hour, but all this had to be cancelled because I was in labour.

“Rye, do you want some water?” Keign asked

“No.” I said.

“What about something to eat?” 

“I DONT WANT ANYTHING!” 

I was rocking back and forth leaning against the counter, shaking and sweating profusely. I was in so much pain.

It felt like I was being crushed from the inside out. Like period cramps but much MUCH worse. The area around my bump was tight, my lower back killed and I could feel pressure moving further down. My waters had already broken. This was the most excruciating pain I had ever felt in my entire life. 

“That was a strong one.” I took deep breaths as the contraction subsided.

“You’re doing well, Rye.” Mum said calmly. She was stood by my side, rubbing my back and helping me control my breathing. 

Keign was rushing around getting the hospital bags and calling family members, informing them of the cancellation. Jordan had just got off the phone with the emergency services and was stood outside the open front door, looking out for the ambulance.
My contractions were now every 3 minutes. They were getting closer and closer together. I felt like I almost had no breaks in between.

Sirens alarmed loudly down the street. They sounded close so they must have been around 2 minutes away.

“Mum. They’re here.” Jordan said a minute later.

“Ok.” 

A familiar looking paramedic ran into the house.
“Hello, Rye we are going to take you to the hospital, okay?” It was the paramedic that had been to our house when The incident happened. It was Liam and I was glad because I liked him.

I nodded.

“Can my mum come with me too?” 

“Yes, but it can only be you and one other person.” He said as he walked me over to the sofa.

Three more paramedics came in with a portable hospital bed with straps hanging off the side. Deja vu. It was like I was thrown back to September, when Louis had to be carried away in a stretcher. 

“LOUIS!” I gasped.

“We need to call Louis!” I yelled and grunted. I was mid-contraction and being strapped on to the bed.

“Oh yeah, I’ll call him when we get in the ambulance.” 

“No, he’s at school in an exam. We need to pick him up.” 

“Me and Jordan can pick him up before we go to the hospital. Just call his mum and let her know.” Keign said.
But I didn’t have his mum’s number. I only had the house phone number. 
They were lifting me up on the ambulance platform. It was sort of like an elevator. I was screaming, and crying in pain, so they gave me a gas and air tube to breathe in.