Chapter 18 The nightmare before Christmas

Operation spies in disguise.

We had approximately, 30 minutes before Eli arrived with the birthday boy (well officially man now). All the rest of us were helping decorate Levaeh’s living room in time for the surprise party. Guests were constantly pouring in through the doors filling up all the space. Levaeh's house wasn’t as big as Lilah's and mine, so I was beginning to wonder if we’d all fit.

The party was Christmas themed, most people came in dressed in ugly sweaters and Santa hats or reindeer head bands. Some people went all out and came in full blown costumes. I was not feeling the whole costume thing and jumpers just made me hot and itchy, however Lilah kept going on about me blending in as much as possible if ‘Operation spies in disguise’ was going to work.

Lilah was an elf and all 3 boys and I were in ugly Christmas jumpers. The name didn’t give it justice. When I say it’s ugly, I mean it looks like the kind of jumpers your grandma knits you for Christmas. You thank her and then shove it at the darkest end of your wardrobe, making sure it never sees the light of day.

I physically wanted to tear mine apart, it had a huge light up Rudolph nose right in the centre of my bump. I was trying to draw LESS attention to the fact that I’m pregnant, not have a flashing red signal inviting people to speak to me about it. 

Gladly, Louis was going to be here in 5 minutes, then the party was going to start. There would be an excuse not to talk because the music would be too loud. 

At the bottom of the road. 
Eli texted.

“He’s basically here, so people should get in they’re places.” I said. 

“Places everyone!” Levaeh stuck the last balloon beside the birthday banner then ducked behind the sofa. Somehow, every single one of the guests had found a place to hide. There were 30 of us, but at least half were upstairs. I just sat out of sight since I was too big, tired and pissed off at Levaeh to even listen to her. I’m his girlfriend, I was meant to be the one who organised this for him, or his mum, but Not her.

“Um don’t you need to open the door? It is your house.” A boy said.

“Oh yeah.” She walked towards the door and stood beside it.

“Dumb ass.”  I muttered, as she walked past me.

Another text from Eli.
We are outside. Should I stall him or just come in?

-We’re ready. Come in. I texted.
A few seconds after, the door bell rang.

“Three...Two...one.” Lilah counted down.
Levaeh opened the door for the boys. 

“Awww, I know what this is.”  SURPRISE!!! Everyone yelled.
As all the guests began to reveal themselves, I stood up and walked over to Louis giving him a huge hug.

“Happy birthday Lou.” 

“Thanks baby.” He said, kissing me on the lips. He had a big smile on his face, so I decided if he was happy, I should be too.

“I got your present in Eijai’s car. I’ll give it to you later.” I whispered.

“I can’t wait.” He smiled.

“Alright, stop hogging the birthday boy, I mean, man.” Levaeh grabbed onto his shoulders and pushed him into the party area.

Louis turned back and mouthed Sorry. I just put on a smile and gave him a thumbs up. I glared at Levaeh as she conversed with Louis in the living room, laughing and showing him around.
Eli was beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder. 

“I see what you mean now. Is the plan still on?” he asked.

“Yeah. I don’t trust Levaeh one bit.” 

The music began to play and a crowd formed as the people from upstairs joined us. It turned from a quiet house of people to a full blown party in seconds. It was only 6 o’clock and the ‘adults' in the house had already begun drinking, even though they were still drinking illegally until they turned 21. I could tell this was going to be one hell of a night. 

Operation spies in disguise sounded like we had a strategic plan, but really, we were just spread out across the house, keeping an eye on Levaeh and looking out for any suspicious activity. The name just sounded cool.