Chapter 8, House grounded

Its noon. House lockdown officially started at 6am this morning and its already driving us crazy.
Keign left for college at 7am in the worst mood. He’s pissed because he had to cancel his Avengers movie marathon that he and the twins were planning. It was meant to begin this weekend.
Dad had to be kept in custody last night. Mum left at 10am to make her statement at the police station because apparently, they said she was too distressed to make one last night.
So that just left me, home alone, online with my tutor learning biology. My favourite subject. NOT.
I tried to listen but I was way past exhausted. It’s probably TMI but last night, my boobs were hurting like mad. I kept tossing and turning, but I couldn’t get comfortable.
 It got to the point, where I had to grab two packs of frozen peas to numb the pain and by the time I actually got to sleep, it was 6am. Mum woke me up an hour later, reciting the bloody lockdown rules.

1.     Do not leave the house without permission
2.     No inviting friends over or meeting friends.
3.     If anyone is found to be sneaking out there will be consequences.
4.     Family meetings every evening.
5.     Curfew is straight after school ends. If you miss it, lockdown will be extended.
And just in case we had forgotten, she stuck an A1 poster of the rules on the front door, In huge red writing.
Mum was really taking this lockdown seriously.

The only rule that I cared about was rule number 2. I couldn’t care less about the rest, all I wanted to do was see Louis. It was so hard being away from him knowing that he was hurt, laying in a hospital bed all alone.
If I knew yesterday would have been the last time I would be seeing him in a while, I would have made the most of that moment. Luckily, I wasn’t banned from digital contact, so I would be messaging him every moment I could.
It was taking all my strength to not log out of my online lesson, leave the house and go to the hospital just to kiss him, to touch him, to be close to him.
It was like I was craving him.

“Rye, did you hear me?” Mr Tyler said.
“Oh, sorry, what did you say?”
“I said, can you explain the function of the oesophagus?”
“Um...., no sir.”
 “Were you listening to anything I was saying?” Mr Tyler said, frustratedly.
“No, sir.” I yawned.
“How many hours of sleep did you get last night, Rye?”
“Four, I think.”
“Clearly. You’re focus is terrible today.”
“Sorry Sir, yesterday was a stressful day.” I said.
“I’m sorry about that.”
“What if I send you the textbook questions and you send them back to me by tomorrow?” That way you can get some rest.” He suggested.
“That would be great, thank you sir.”
“No problem,  I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Okay, bye.”

I logged off and checked my phone.
3 new messages from Louis.

Hey beautiful. ❤
I miss you.
What are you up to?

-Hey Lou, I miss you too. Being away from you is torture 😫
-I just finished my biology lesson. Sort of.
-How are you feeling?

A bit better. My chest where my stitches hurt because of the swelling.
Everything else is ok at the moment. I’m on pain meds.
What do you mean sort of?

-That’s good that you’re feeling a little bit better.
-And I said ‘sort of’ because my tutor told me to take the rest of the day off.  I’m too distracted thinking about you. ♡

That’s flattering 😉 but Its hard to believe that’s the only reason.

-OK, the other reason was because I was literally falling asleep in class.

If you were dozing off in class, then you definitely need some serious shut eye.
Get some rest and I’ll text you later ♡

- Fine. I gotta rest for 3 people after all.

Yep because neither of us will be getting sleep once they’re born.
 Speak to you soon.
 Bye xxx

-Bye Lou xx

Turns out I was more tired than I thought.
I glanced at my alarm clock. It read 4:30pm. Ugh! I’ve slept for four hours and I’m still exhausted.
As I got up, I felt a dizzy spell rush over me.
“Whoa.” I said, gripping the bed to keep me steady.
That was weird.
I grabbed my phone, wrapped my blanket around me, then sleepily walked downstairs.

“Looks who’s finally awake.” Keign said.
“I was beginning to think you were hibernating.”

 “Hi mum.” I ignored Keign.

“Good evening.” Mum said, preoccupied with her book.
 I climbed on the counter and searched through the cupboards.   “Is there any candy floss?”

“Oh, I think we ran out.” Mum said.

“What! I had one more tub left.”

“You mean I had one more tub left.” Keign said.