Chapter 12, Building bridges

The following morning.

 10:00am.

Every Sunday morning, mum usually wakes me up. But today, I was woken up by the gentle feeling of Louis stroking my hair.

As I rolled over and opened my eyes, a bright ray of sunlight hit me right in the face. I quickly pulled the duvet right over my head.

Louis laughed.

“Good morning.” He said. His morning voice was raspy and deeper than usual.

 “Morning.” I mumbled.

 “I’m going to take a wild guess and say you’re not a morning person.”  “How did you come to that conclusion?” I asked.

 “Well, you, hiding under the covers, kinda gave me a hint.” 

 Louis slowly removed the covers from off my head.

 “Hey.” I said softly, sitting up, staring at Louis’ bare chest. I saw the scar that was about 5 centimetres long, running from his belly button up to just under his right rib. It was still a little red and scabby, but you could see that it was healing.

“Hey.” He stared right back at me with his beautiful caramel eyes. They travelled from my face then further down past my shoulders and stopped. 

He had a small little grin on his face.

“What?” I asked.

“Well, it’s not like I haven’t seen it before but you’re.... kinda..um.” His cheeks blushed a little.

I looked down. I was also bare from the shoulders down to my waist. My eyes grew wide. I shielded myself with my pillow, feeling self-conscious.

“I must of had a hot flush last night.” My cheeks blushed. Usually, you couldn’t see it, since my skin complexion made it hardly noticeable. But Louis could.

“Don’t be embarrassed. You don’t have to be embarrassed with me.” He smiled, stroking my cheeks. I looked at him and smiled shyly.

“Lou, what time is it?” 

 He checked his phone. “10:30.” 

 Suddenly, I remembered. “My parents!” I whispered loudly.

“What if they see you?”

“Don’t worry, Jordan said he’d sort it.”  “Oh yeah.” I let myself relax.

“You stay here, I’m going to go downstairs, quickly.” 

I felt around for the shirt I wore yesterday, but I couldn’t find it.

“Lou, can I wear your jumper?” 

“Sure.” He reached down and grabbed his black Puma hoodie off of the floor.

“Here.”

 I put it on. It was a bit big, but it was comfortable and it smelled like him.

“Stand up, let’s see.” Louis said. 

I stood up and did a little twirl.

“Looks good on you.” 

“Thanks.” 

“I’ll be back in a sec. Put a shirt on.” I said.

“Probably a good idea.” He agreed.