CHAPTER 40

3 years had passed and here I am, sitting beside Cassandra's sister's grave. Eclipse...

"Hey there, Eclipse".

I smile while looking at Cassandra's twin's grave, Shane Eclipse De Vera. The woman whom Cassandra treasures the most.

"Your sister's certification is today, she's now a licensed doctor". My heart is full of joy, my baby already reached her dream.

When she called me earlier, I saw how gradient her face is. She's beyond the word happy.

"I know you're proud of her, that's for sure. I promised that I will visit you here, right? Na ikaw ang unang makakaalam kapag plano ko ng makasama panghabang buhay ang kapatid mo".

I reach for my pocket and get the small box, I opened it and stare at the diamond ring inside the box.

"When I lose her once, I thought it's the end of me. Akala ko katapusan na ng mundo para sakin".

I chuckled with my own words, "Your sister is my everything, she's the answer to my prayers and she's the calm in my messed-up system".

I remember Cassandra, she's the one whom I am willing to fight for even if it will cause my life.

"Your sister completes me; she helps me bind up my broken pieces and form them into brand new. She gave me every reason to fight for myself and to fix my composure and win her back". I reminisce those times that I am all alone trying to fix myself.

I was so close to giving up but every time I trying to end my suffering, I keep on going back to her precious memories. Yung pagpapalakas niya sa loob ko, yung pagsuporta niya sa akin, everything about her.

She's worth the pain and long years of waiting, she's worth the wait indeed.

"I am here to let you know and ask permission; will you allow me to marry your sister?". My heart beats rapidly as I imagine Cassandra walking down the aisle.

She's my dream that came to reality.

The wind blows in my area and it felt so surreal, "Are you saying that I am allowed to ask her in marriage?". I said and chuckled.

Well, baby your sister just gave me her approval. You're tied to me now.

Hindi pa din ako makapaniwala, nasa harap ko na yung certificate at yung lisensya ko. Parang nakaraan lang intern pa lang ako tapos ngayon, ito na.

I saw my brother, ate Charm, Aiden, mom, dad and Tyrone waiting for me on the hallway. I run towards them and jump to my dad; he hugs me tight and he kisses my head.

"I'm proud of you, anak. We're so so proud of you".

Bulong niya sa tainga ko, I never felt so joyful. Ngayon pa lang.

Binaba ako ni dad at niyakap ako ni mommy, "I love you, baby. Mom is so proud of you". I felt mom's tears on my neck, inilayo ko siya at pinunasan ang luha niya.

"Mom, hindi pa ikakasal iyan. Nakatapos po, hindi ikakasal". Natatawang biro ni kuya kay mommy, mom glare at kuya Jorge that makes us all laugh.

Niyakap ako ni kuya at ni ate Charm, "You did it, Cassandra. Super proud kami sayo". Masayang bulong ni ate Charm sa tainga ko, yumuko ako at niyakap si Aiden.

"Ishta danda, happy baby ishta". I giggled at Aiden's broken words, super cute ng pamangkin ko na ito. He is already 3 years old.

I kiss his cheeks at pinanggigilan iyon, "Happy ikaw, baby? Si tita din". Ibinigay ko na siya kay kuya at humarap na kay Tyrone.