Chapter 2 | Family Reunion

^^^ that's what Stephanie looks like

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Stephanie arrived to London, and as she was exiting the plane she inhaled the fresh air.

She sat down at a bench on the airport, and nervously took the paper with her mother's phone number written on it, out of her pocket.

She wrote the number down, and she pressed the call button as she deeply inhaled, hoping for her mother to pick up. Hell, God knows if this is even her phone number anymore.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"hello?" she heard a voice.

"uhm, I'm looking for Ruth Payne?" she said as she nervously tapped her foot.

"yes, it's me" the voice politely said.

"uh, hi. It's - it's Stephanie" she said.

Science.

For about ten seconds.

"s-Stephanie my dear" she heard her mother sob.

"how are you? It's so bizarre to finally hear from you. I was starting to think you'd never call" Ruth said with a shaky voice.

"You didn't forget about me?" Stephanie asked.

"how could I Stephanie? There wasn't a single day I didn't think about you" Ruth said.

"Look, uhh I'm in London-"

"You're in London?" Ruth excitedly yelled.

"Yeah, but listen- could you pick me up at the airport please? I'll explain in person" Stephanie said, not wanting to talk about what happened over the phone.

"O-okay my dear. I'll send your brother Ethan over to pick you up straight away" Ruth said.

"thank you, I'm excited to finally meet you" Stephanie said, smiling to herself.

"me too dear, now let me give Ethan a call" Ruth politely said.

"Okay, bye" she said and Ruth said bye back as she ended the call.

She waited for around half an hour in front of the airport untill she heard a honk, which drew her attention from her phone to the car in front of her.

"Stephanie?" Ethan said with a smile.

Stephanie smiled back at him.

"well,get in then" he said, not in a rude tone though.