Chapter 16 | why JJ?

"I run away, in fear of me dying today. And I'm not the same, who said I was subject that change?"

***

Stephanie's POV

***

It was the next morning, and I woke up to JJ still laying down with his head on my stomach. He was looking up at me.

"Good morning" he said. He was still quite grumpy, but I found it very cute to be honest.

"Good morning" I smile at him.

He then lowered his head and burried his face into my stomach.

I played around with his hair as I spoke.

"Hm? What's wrong?" I asked him softly.

He just sighed.

"You're the most caring person I know, you know that?" He said, looking back up at me.

I blushed and pecked his nose.

"Steph, I love you" he said without hesitation.

Tears started forming in my eyes. Did he really just say that?

I smiled.

"I love you too JJ" he seemed to have relaxed as I said that

"What's bothering you?" I ask comfortingly.

"I didn't win" he said.

"You were amazing Jide. Hence why you didn't lose. You did really great, okay? I was and still am so proud of you." I said to him again.

He smiled and pecked my stomach a little, to which I laughed and shook my head.

He was so cute.

Then we heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yell out and Simon walks into the room.

He smiled when he saw JJ laying on my stomach.

"Oi that's actually bare cute y'know" he said and I could feel JJ smiling at that.

I was still messing around with his hair, that seemed to calm him down.

"Breakfast is downstairs, y'all come down whenever" Simon said before leaving the room and closing the door.

I smiled down at JJ. I tried to get up, but he didn't let me.

"JJ, breakfast" I said and he sighed a little, sitting up.

I pulled myself up so I was sitting next to him. I looked at him with a smile, and pecked his cheek as I got up to get ready. I changed into some shorts and I threw on one of JJ's hoodies. I liked them because they smell like him, but I wasn't gonna tell him that.

I was brushing my teeth and I saw JJ come into the bathroom in the mirror.

He snaked his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder.

God, he was clingy. Can't blame him though, he wanted us to be together for quite some time.

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I somehow managed to mumble out whilst brushing my teeth. He smiled.

I spit out the toothpaste and swished some water in my mouth, spitting that out as well.

When I was done, we walked downstairs together.

We sat at the kitchen table, and I felt my phone buzz. Jake wanted to facetime me?

I gave JJ an uncomfortable look.

"Answer it. I'll come in frame if needed" he said and I nodded.

I took a deep breath before answering the call.