Chapter 5 | Boxing twist

Stephanie's POV

***

JJ and I have been talking more and more lately. It's been about two weeks since the whole incident with his ex, and he's taking it a lot worse that I would've imagined.

Him and I talked, sure, but he'd also spend a lot of his time in his room. He'd be locked in there for hours on end.

You'd think he was working on videos, but I doubted that since I saw he wasn't uploading anything at all.

He didn't eat, nor did he train.

He still had that boxing match he keeps mentioning, athough I have no idea who the hell he's even fighting.

Anyway, it was a Saturday morning, and I had just gotten out of bed.

I went downstairs to see a surprisingly happy looking JJ, eating cerial.

I smiled at the sight of him happily looking at his phone.

"Look who's smiling for once" I teased, making him look up and playfully roll his eyes.

"Oh shut up" he said, before laughing.

"So, how come you're so happy? Oh and where's everyone else?"

"I just woke up feeling a lot better I guess.. and the boys are all at some party, they left last night, I didn't want to go."

"Why not? It could possibly help you meet a girl you like, and make you forget about everything that happened" I told him.

He shrugged "I guess, but being home's fun too"

"Fair enough" I simply replied.

Just then, an idea popped into my mind.

"Can I paint your wall?" I asked, making JJ look at me in confusion.

"Why?"

"You mentioned something about it being sick if you could have a cool dragon ball mural in your room. I could paint you one on your wall. It could be fun" I stated, and he surprisingly looked to be considering it.

"How do I know you're not just gonna fuck up my wall though?" He asked, and I pulled out my sketchbook which was on the coffee table in the living room, not far from the kitchen.

"I did some anime sketches in here, I promise you I'm legit" I said, handing him the sketchbook.

He seemed impressed, and agreed to the idea.

"Where are we gonna get paints though?" He asked, making me shake my head.

"Don't worry about that, I have my acrylic paints from back home." I replied.

At that, we went upstairs and he showed me which wall the mural could be done on, and I began my drawing.

First, I drew a background. I drew planet Namek, since it was by far Dragon Ball's most iconic place in my mind.

Then, after I was done, I took a pencil and started sketching out the characters.

First, I sketched Vegeta as he was my favorite.

Then, I sketched out Goku next to him.

Then, I drew Whis and Beerus standing on another part of the wall.

And then, as I was about to paint, JJ's toddler-like self got bored and decided to sabotage me.

He dipped his finger in some light blue paint I opened to use on Whis, and smeared some on my face.

I give him a death glare.

Then, I dip my finger into some orange paint I planned on using for Goku's gi, and attempt to rub in on his face but instead I trip and land right on top of him, making us collapse to the floor.

We were now in a very uncomfortable position, but for some reason we didnt pull away... we just, stared at eachother for a while?

That's untill Vikk suddenly barged into my room, and I quickly got up off of JJ, pulling myself together.

Vikk looked shocked to say the least.

"Nononono Vikk, I promise you it's not what it looks like okay? We just tripped, that's all that happened" i said.

"I don't believe you, but it's not on me to tell anyone so I'll keep quiet" Vikk simply said, leaving JJ's room.

We were left in an awkward silence, but luckily, my phone rang.

"Who's that?" JJ asked curiously.

"I don't know. An unknown number. Hm. Weird"

I decided to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Stephanie?"

"Uh yes, yes it's me, who are you..?"

"You don't recognize my voice, sis?"

"Oh my God Logan is that you?!" I practically yelled, standing up in the process.

"Hahahah, yeah"

"Oh my God I didn't hear from you in so long, how you been? How's your family doing? Your mom? Is she okay?" I ramble on and on.

Logan laughs, but answers shortly.

"Yeah, they're all fine. I was wondering where you sre though, I went to your old address but couldn't find you. Your dad said you were just... gone?"  Logan said, and I felt myself tearing up.

"Look, I'm in London. It's a long story..." i said.

"Oh, I'm flying over there tommorow. That's why I came over to yours, to surprise you with tickets to London because I knew you always wanted to go for whatever reason"

"You and Jake are coming to London?" I asked happily.

"Yeah"

"How come?"

"We have this boxing match against two idiots, but we're doing a press conference in three days so we're flying over tommorow"

"A boxing match and a press conference? That's odd.. one of.... wait who are you fighting again?"

"A youtuber, KSI, I don't think you know him. Why?"

"Oh God"

"What's wrong sis?"

"Nothing! Nothing, I gotta go though. We'll talk later, I can wait for you at the airport tommorow so we can grab coffee and catch up?"

"Sounds good to me sis, catch you later then"

"Bye!"

"Bye"

This cannot be happening

♡♡♡♡♡

Another short chapter bc I'm lazy uwu 😩

Anyways, to get it out of the way, no Logan and Steph aren't related, he just calls her sis bc they grew up together lol