Chapter 13 | Boat Ride

"All white gucci suit I'm feeling righteous, I know that the truth is hard to digest"

***

Stephanie's POV

***

Welp, there we were... on the boat, all alone for 24 whole hours.

The boat was actually not so small which surprised me. The room was pretty big for a room on a boat.

***
AN: this is an idea of what the boat looks like:

I swear my artistic skills are better than that it's 3:30 in the morning and I doodled that with my finger lmao, also in the photo it looks huge so imagine a smaller boat with that layout

***

The pilot took off and JJ set up a camera and started recording us.

***

Timeskip to nighttime because this part really isn't important lol

***

"So, that'll be it from us for today. It is 10:30 pm, pitch black outside. In 6 hours we managed to catch 17 fish which isn't bad yknow. We did good" JJ said and we high fived eachother.

"Anyway, we boutta go catch some Z's and yeah, catch you lot tommorow" JJ said as he stopped recording.

I noticed the full moon was out.

I loved astronomy, and there was no way I was missing this opportunity to lay under the full moon whilst at sea.

Sea + the moon = a Steph full of serotonin.

I grabbed my earbuds and my phone, and I was gonna climb up to the top of the boat but then...

"What are you doing?" JJ asked curiously.

"I'm going to lay up there and listen to some songs. I love the atmosphere, it's so peaceful. Plus I love the sea and astronomy, and we're on a boat while the full moon is out so how could I not." I giggled.

"Mind if I join you?" JJ asked.

I tensed up for a brief moment, before agreeing.

I mean, rejecting would've been hella awkward later.

He climbed up first and then I did. I saw him staring up at the moon.

Quoting xxxtentacion here but damn does he look good in the moonlight...

I admired him for a brief second before realizing what I was doing.

He must've noticed me staring, so he turned his head to face me and gave me a small smirk.

Oh fuck this

I thought.

"You want?" I said, handing him an earbud which he gladly took.