Chapter 9 | Falling

"I hope you know if I said it baby I meant it, stray lovers we ain't going to a friendship"

***

Stephanie's POV

***

Talia went to Simon's room to sleep and I went to mine.

As I was about to enter, I heard a door behind me open. Mentally, I was praying it wasn't JJ and it was Talia, even though a part of me wanted it to be him.

I acted like I didn't hear though. I opened the door to my room and as I was about to enter-

"Steph?" A deep voice called out.

I scrunched my face, not turning around to face him.

I then heard a sharp inhale and slowly turned around.

"Yes?"

"Can we talk?" JJ asked.

"Maybe tommorow JJ, I'm really tired, sorry" I said.

"Oh... alright" he said in a sad tone.

I felt bad, so I slowly made my way towards him.

He looked at me with a pretty sad, yet amused face.

"What are you-" I cut him off by pulling him into a hug.

I inhaled and let go.

"Good night, JJ" I smiled and walked back over to my room, leaving JJ standing frozen in the hallway...

***

The next morning

***

I woke up to see it was 9:30 AM. I layed in bed for another fifteen minutes, before stretching and getting up.

I threw on a hoodie and some shorts before making my way downstairs where I saw all the boys + Talia sitting in the living room.

"Yoo Steph" Ethan gave me a side hug and I laughed, shoving him lightly.

"You know I love you right? You know you're the best sister? And the boys love you too, right boys?" Ethan turned to them, and they all said yes.

"... okay what's the catch?" I asked.

"Can you make us waffles for breakfast? With your recepie?" Harry simply blurted out and I laughed.

"Sure why not" I shrugged, making my way to the kitchen.

All the boys followed as they knew I liked company when I cooked.

I noticed JJ intensely looking at me, and I made a mental note to remember to talk to him about whatever he wanted to talk about today.

"You know Steph, you should make a youtube channel." Simon said.

"I was thinking about it y'know?" I told him.

"Someone give her a camera. Steph record your first vlog right now please, that would be jokes. Like a cooking with the sidemen type deal?" Tobi said.

"Sure, I'm down." I said. This was gonna be fun.

Harry sprinted off somewhere and after a couple minutes, he was back with a camera in hand.

"JJ explain to her how to record" Simon told him.

"Why me?" JJ asked.

"I just can't be asked mate" Simon laughed.

"Alright, well." JJ leaned over my shoulder and explained what all the buttons do, as the rest of the boys were loudly preparing everything I'd need.

"So, when can we talk Steph?" JJ asked me quietly.

"Whenever we're alone. Is it really that important?" I said, but not in a pissed off tone, but in a curious one.

"Yeah, it is" he scratched the back of his neck and moved away from me.

"Alright, she understands how the camera works" JJ laughed.

"Okay, start the video Steph!" Simon cheered, and I started recording myself.

I smiled and looked at the camera in a 'okay-what-do-I-do-now' way, and then I started to laugh a bit, as well as the boys.

"What do I say?" I simply ask.

"Just do an intro!" Vikk said.

"What's up youtube! I'm Stephanie and welcome to my channel! For the first time! Wow! First video tings innit" I said.

Then, I put all the boys in frame as I spoke.

"I'm here with the sidemen and I will be making them breakfast because... well just because." I laugh.

"Steph makes bare good waffles y'know?" Simon told the camera.

"Alright where do I put the camera though?" I ask.

"On the island that's where you'll be making the waffles right?" Tobi said, and I nodded.

I placed the camera on the island and all the boys were gathered around it.

I was standing in the middle of the shot with JJ to my right, Harry to JJ's right and Vikk to Harry's right.

Simon was to my left, Josh was to his left, Ethan was to Josh's left and Tobi was to Ethan's left.

"Alright, so. I'll be making waffles. You boys just do you man I don't even know what we're doing."

"Was goin on with this?" JJ said as he took a whisk.

"JJ buddy, it's a whisk." I replied, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He looked from the whisk down at me confused, with the whisk still in hand.

I took it from him and began making my waffles...

***

After about an hour of pure chaos, I had my first video recorded. JJ said he was gonna help me with editing it, so we went up to my room to do so.

And I figured that since we were alone, we'd be able to talk about whatever it is he wanted to talk about.

I closed the door behind me, sitting on my bed and motioning for JJ to do so too.

"Before we edit, what did you wanna talk about?"

***

3rd person POV

***

This was it. JJ was gonna confess he liked Stephanie. He didn't know how she'd feel about it. Hell, he didn't even know how he himself felt about it.

He decided to bring out his usual cocky side and see what happens.

He smirked, moving closer to the girl. Now, her back was pressed against the wall and bed frame behind her, and JJ was only leaning in closer.

He stopped, their lips about an inch apart.

"... I think I might be falling for you, Steph" he spoke in a low, cocky tone.

...oh boy

***

Cliffhanger bitches 😈

This chapters song: Not enough-Juice WRLD (or click the link above)

As always, I hope you enjoyed! I'm not getting many reads which is kinda unmotivating but writin's fun so to the few people reading: don't expect me to stop!

That's all from me for now <3