Chapter 11 | UK Press Conference

"Last time I saw you, it ended in a blur. I woke up in a hearse. She said you loved me first"

***

Stephanie's POV

***

The boys and the girls were all in a mini bus, and we were making our way to JJ and Logan's second press conference.

Not gonna lie I was pretty nervous. JJ and I didn't speak at all since I rejected him. It hurt, I missed him.

So what did I do? I decided to break the ice. We couldn't be in a fight at the press conference, the fans surely would notice that we aren't interacting like normal.

Since we weren't sitting next to eachother, I decided I'd text him, so I opened Whatsapp.

Steph: JJ could we talk?

Steph: please?

I heard two notifications a seat in front of me, and I saw JJ look at his phone.

I scrunched up my face, hoping for a good outcome.

JJ: meet me out behind the next shop we pass. I'mma say I have to take a piss and you make up an excuse.

Just like that, we stopped in front of some off brand clothes shop.

I lied that I was gonna go take in some fresh air and look through the store a bit, since I do tend to get motion sickness from car rides.

Surprisingly, the girls let me off on my own and I went behind the shop where JJ was waiting for me.

"What do you wanna talk about?" He asked, in a bit of a pissed off tone.

"Jide, are you mad at me?" I asked and he sighed.

"Steph, Logan is the reason why you refuse to admit you have feelings for me. How could I not be mad that my currently biggest enemy is the only barrier to what I want so badly, and going around that barrier is impossible?" He said.

I was holding back tears. This hurt. It did. I didn't want to be hurting anyone. And that's what got me into this mess.

I don't wanna hurt Logan by being with JJ, and I don't wanna hurt JJ by not being with him.

I slid my back down the back wall of the store as I crouched, putting my face in my palms.

"Jide, I don't know what to do" I spoke after a few seconds, looking up at him.

"Do what your heart tells you to do Steph. If Logan and you are that close, I'm sure he'll understand" he said, crouching in front of me.

"You just first of all need to tell me weather you like me or not Steph, because what you said did hurt. I want to know if it's worth trying, or I should just stop"

"I wanna just move on as friends, JJ. Please don't make us awkward" I pleaded.

JJ sighed.

"Alright, Steph. For you."

He then hugged me and inhaled sharply.

We then walked back to the bus and continued our ride...

***

Timeskip, after the press conference bc I'm too lazy to follow a script plus we all know what happens

***

... That was brutal.

We were on our way back, and I've been silent this entire time. I was shocked. JJ really went all out with this one, I suppose he was mad at Logan on a personal level now.

I hated it. I hated that deep inside I knew I had feelings for him.

But for Logan's sake, for my brother's sake, I couldn't give in.

So what did I do when we got home?

I locked myself in my room and cried.

I didn't get to see Logan after the press conference, he looked like he himself was gonna cry because JJ really hit him where it hurts.

Insulting his whole family, even Chloe.

I can't really act surprised though, I mean after all Logan was kind of the main barrier between JJ and I, along with Ethan.

I felt numb

How and when was I gonna get out of this mess?

***

This chapter's song: Robbery by Juice WRLD (or click the link above)