Chapter 14 | She's Mine

"Inhale, exhale breathing just got a lil harder. I mean well, I mean well"

***

Stephanie's POV

***

As my eyes fluttered open, I tesned up a little because I didn't recognize my surroundings.

Then, I recalled that I was on a boat with JJ.

And then, I recalled last night.

I sighed and smiled to myself.

I looked up at JJ to see him in a peaceful sleep. I took in his features, and caressed his cheek with my thumb.

"Oh I could get used to this" he said as he smirked, with his eyes still closed for a few more seconds before he opened them and looked at me.

"Good morning" I smiled, and so did he.

"Good morning" he replied.

He had his hands firmly around me the whole night, as if he was afraid to let go.

"We gotta fish Jide" I said.

He gave me a look I couldn't really read.

"No, we don't. We're gonna enjoy this little boat ride today, and then we'll head home." He said.

"But what about the sidemen Sunday?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah that was fake" he laughed.

"Huh?"

"I wanted to talk to you! We sorta rigged the wheel for us to be paired up so I could talk to you without you storming off" he said.

"Oh you cheeky bastard" I smiled.

"You're not mad?" He was confused.

"No, why would I be? I'm happy this happened. I'm happy we happened" I said.

An instant grin grew on JJ's face.

"The boys did tell me to kinda vlog us a lil bit for MoreSidemen though so we'll have to do that. If you're comfortable about letting the fans know about us, that is" JJ said.

"Yeah, sure, why not" I smiled.

"I still can't believe it" JJ mumbled.

"Hm?"

"You're my girlfriend" JJ said happily, and I smiled at him.

"And you're my boyfriend" I said, equally enthusiastic.

I then tried getting up but JJ wouldn't let me.

"Don't gooo" he whined and I laughed.

"Let's go out" I said.

"Nooo I wanna stay like this" he complained.

I reached for his dreads and twirled them between my fingers.

JJ closed his eyes and leaned into my touch. He was adorable, I was happy to be able to see this side of him.

I snuggled my face in the crook of his neck and closed my eyes.

We stayed like that before deciding to go out and enjoy the sun.

We left our room and JJ grabbed a camera so he could vlog.

We got to the front of the boat and sat down.

JJ then started recording again.

"I did it!" He said, laughing at the camera.

He then turned the camera so I was in view as well.

"She's mine!" He laughed.

He then put his arm over my shoulder, before continuing to speak.

"So we're just gonna chill on this boat for a little while, maybe go for a swim and yeah, enjoy ourselves. Then later we're going home. Lowkey can't wait to fet comfy with my new girlfriend at the house" JJ happily said.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

"It's gonna be nice isn't it" I spoke and JJ smiled, nodding in agreement.

***

Timeskip, a few hours later

***

We were in front of the sidemen house, ready to face all the boys.

They had no idea what happened on the boat, and we planned to joke around and say we agreed to stay friends to see how tjey'd react.

We thought it could also be fun for the vlog.

JJ kissed my cheek and started recording.

"What's up! We're back at the house, about to go in tell the boys what happened and yeah" JJ laughed.

I then rang the doorbell, and the door was almost instantly opened by Ethan who pulled me in for a hug.

I laughed and hugged him back as Jide and I entered the house.

"So JJ, how'd it go?" Simon asked him when we got in.

"Yeah, well shit" JJ laughed, still recording.

"Are you.. you know?" Simon said, motioning to Jide and I.

"No, Simon. We're not" JJ said, putting a bit of a sad facade. He was good at acting, I'll give him that.

"Oh" Simon sadly said.

Everyone then pulled JJ into a group hug, and that's whag got me to start laughing.

I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"She rejects him and then she laughs, for God's sake Steph!" Harry said, and then JJ started laughing.

"We're fucking with you of course I did it you twats" JJ said, pushing them off of him and hugging me from behind, his arm resting around my waist on my stomach, and his head on top of mine. He was still holding the camera with his other arm.

"Oh I'll kill you you idiot" Simon said.

JJ then did an evil laugh and stopped the recording.

He then kissed me on the cheek and let go of me.

"Jide be good to her" Ethan said in a half jokey half serious way.

I laughed. This was gonna be fun.

The boys were all in the living room, and JJ and I decided to go upstairs to my room and chill as a normal couple for the first time.

I walked in first and layed on my bed, followed by JJ closing the door and jumping next to me.

He was smiling ear to ear, it was nice seeing him like that.

Then, I heard my phone ring. It was a facetime with Logan.

I accepted the call and smiled.

"Hey Logan, what's up?"

"Yoo Steph, can I come pick you up? Jake and I are throwing this pre-boxing-W party and we thought it'd be sick if you came around"

"I'd love to but I don't know, I'm with JJ right now" I said.

"C'mon Steph, you were with him all day and night yesterday. This is just one party"

"I know Log but I do wanna hang out with him today. You and I can grab a coffee tommorow?"

"Sure, party pooper" Logan said, fake pouting as I laughed.

"Bye, love you!"

"Love you too sis, buhbye"

I then edned the call and turned to JJ, who was smiling.

"What?" I ask, smiling back at him.

"Thank you for that, I thoight you were gonna go" he said.

"I wouldn't abandon you like that after we get to be together with no cameras or anything for the first time" I smile.

We then layed next to eachother, messing with eachothers hair and talking about whatever comes up untill we slowly drifted off to sleep...

***

Sorta kinda a filler chapter lol

This chapter's song - Sometimes by Juice wrld (or click the link above)