⤿ thirty

The teens stayed with Rose, just as they were told

The teens stayed with Rose, just as they were told. Locked in inside a room, one had passed out, the other two were tense with each other and the last felt like she would lose her mind trapped for another minute. No matter how much she fiddled with her fingers or tried to read a magazine, her brain did not stop fretting about the team that went out.

Dianna tried pacing around the room to unload her head, but the space was too small and made her dizzy. Rachel would snap at her to sit down, which turned to be a great relief to her anxiety as long as they kept arguing. But even the younger teen got worn and shrugged her off.

She sat back down and gawked at the black TV screen, playing a movie in her head ( at least the parts she reassembled ). Even that got tiring. Her whining returned after ten minutes of tranquillity. "Fuck, they're taking hours!" Something in her went off, activating a new level of agitation. Desperation. "Something went wrong. We should try to contact them. Maybe they're on the news. I'll put on the news─"

Before she could jump to her feet and leave the strict perimeter, Garfield seized her wrist, anchoring her. "Nope. We stay in here, like Dick told us, remember? Try to stay calm." He taught her a breathing exercise, gesturing with his hands how easy it was. Dianna looked away, sighing. "It's been half an hour. It usually takes this long. They're fine."

"What if they need our help?" She kept insisting, turning back to him with pleading eyes. Gar did not hesitate, not even when she clutched his arm, frantic to stop feeling useless. "We should go."

"That's also a no." Garfield sighed, reaching for his tablet and tapping here and there. Dianna peered over his shoulder, seeing the cameras of their security system. With one long swipe up, the footage moved to the larger screen for everyone to see. "There, look at the cameras and you'll see when they come back."

She watched the footage for a while. But there was little to see. The backdoor seemed unmoving, not a single sign of life; the main door had a few cars driving by and groups of people chatting and laughing. None of those were their team. No Dick, no Temi, nothing.

Half an hour turned into forty minutes of them gone. Dianna's worry resurfaced with a huff. "Can't you hack the cameras in their position? Just to check on them." Gar's arm was under her grip, trying to squirm away from her. She blinked gloomily at the boy. "I promise."

"It'll just make you more anxious," he snapped, turning his gaze away from the screen. Dianna rolled her eyes, playing with her chipping sneakers. She felt him peeking towards her, examining her rare behavior. Defeated by her true feelings, Garfield blows some air out. "I don't really know where they are."

Dianna nearly sprang to her feet in shock. There was no way Dick had left without informing them of the location. Before she had a chance to convince them to begin a search, Rachel perked up from her spot, face exposing a giant smile.

"Here." The blue-haired teen gasped. Both Gar and Dianna darted their attention to her. "They're back. They got back Jason." She frowned, studying the footage ahead. "Someone's injured."