⤷ seven

"I miss my Washington," Robin complained as they climbed the final set of stairs in the construction, running out of breath and legs fatigued

"I miss my Washington," Robin complained as they climbed the final set of stairs in the construction, running out of breath and legs fatigued. Rachel giggled at her panting, taking the briefcase from her hands to help the tired woman, but Robin grabbed her hand and snatched her belonging back. "Nope, thanks. This is too important to leave unprotected."

Rachel released an exhale of frustration, "can you at least give me a clue?"

"Oh, yeah," she chuckled, considering the most general definition of what was inside the metallic suitcase. As they reached the last story, the woman bent towards Rachel with a kind smile. "It's work-related."

If there was a record for the most irritated eye roll of the world, the teenager standing next to her would have won it. She let out a sigh and elected to leave the discovery for another time. Turning instead to Dick, she questioned: "who are these guys?"

"Old friends," Dick replied, a vague expression of melancholy arising on his hard face, "truth is I haven't seen them for a long time," his fist hesitantly reached up, holding it near the door, having second thoughts on his actions. Yet, when his eyes darted to the Asian-American woman, his knuckles thumped on the wood.

It wasn't long before the door slowly opened, uncovering a vast apartment and an elegant, platinum-blonde-haired woman that radiated harmony with her presence. Her smooth gaze roamed through the trio, a delicate smile tugging at her rosy lips. "Hey," her eyes were on Dick, who spoke, her brows knitting together.

She merely could muster a hi for she was still surprised by the unexpected visit. Robin and Rachel could sense the friction between them, one that came to be utterly uncomfortable. So, the youngest stepped in, holding out her hand, "hi. I'm Rachel."

"Dawn," the woman shook her hand, still maintaining a grin on her lips. At the instant their hands touched, the room's energy modified, replenishing it with hatred and sorrow. And just like it came, it went away, the last traces of shadow absorbed by the girl next to her. Dawn's kind gaze fell on her, lowering her brows back to their natural position.

Her plumped lips parted apart, revealing her whites. "Robin," she followed the girl's example and aimed to make physical contact to find out more about this woman, or at least inspect if Rachel's dark persona had done any damage to such pure human. Nothing. It felt weird to not be able to see into her mind. It felt like she was inhibited, something wanted to prevent this exchange.

Dawn's calm stare broke her out of the focusing trance, their hands pulled away from each other. The confused face remained on the younger woman's face and Dawn just had to ask about it, concerned by nature. "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing," Robin answered, a forced smile appearing on her face, accompanied by a naive giggle, "just dozed out."

Dick glanced at the raven-haired woman, a hint of suspicion building in his eyes. Yet, it was the same beautiful woman standing before all three that fogged his mind from Robin. He turned to her, instead, taking in her platinum blond in a loose braid that fell across her left shoulder. "Can we talk?"