⤷ five

For a first-timer on a car chase, Robin was feeling overly excited, not exactly what she always imagined feeling like

For a first-timer on a car chase, Robin was feeling overly excited, not exactly what she always imagined feeling like. She didn't want to get out of the car and run away from the danger, preferring to stay alive. No, in this particular case, she yelled at Dick Grayson to speed up, her heart bursting with euphoria, her lips tugging upwards. She would love to experience this entire ride once again, including the reason they were in this situation. They were saving someone.

"Take the next one to the right and cut him off," Robin announced, her eyes on the GPS that tracked down the police car that took Rachel. It had been over ten minutes that they had been following the officer around and he never stopped for one second. What was the point of driving around, anyway? He was getting nowhere.

Wind blew her hair into her face as Dick Grayson sped up, eyes filled with determination, nothing seemed to stop him. He drove higher than the speed limits, didn't stop on the red lights, and nearly caused many times a crash. But he made sure they made it unscathed.

Up ahead, an old couple crossed the street at a low pace, getting in their lane. The lights were red, giving the pedestrians the right to cross the street. Readying herself for impact, Robin shut her eyes closed, accepting the inevitable.

Her body suddenly jerked to the right as the police car took a turn, leaving the elders unharmed. The Detective on the wheel chuckled at her frightened expression, his grin growing wider as he twisted the steering wheel and stopped the car right in front of the one they were chasing. Luckily for her, the man accepted his fate and didn't try to crash his way out.

They got out of the car in seconds, Detective Grayson holding out his gun, pointing it at the man who sat defeated in the front seat. She stood behind him, ready to step in if the man tried anything sketchy. Her eyes moved to the backseat to find it empty, Rachel was gone. Dick Grayson had noticed it, too, and became angrier, turning the gun's safety off. "Get out of the car! Now!"

Hands behind his head, the man stepped out of the car slowly, contemplating the value of his life. He closed the door with his foot and carefully stepped away from the car. "If you're looking for the girl, she's not here."

"Yeah, we're not fucking blind," Robin scoffed, her sight involuntarily darting to the reflection in the car window. She saw herself, nothing out of the ordinary. Just as her outline began to glow, she snapped her head to the two men, witnessing Dick Grayson hit the man with the butt of his gun.

He pointed once more at him, only that this time, straight in the forehead, pressing the cold weapon against his sweaty skin. "Tell us where she is or I'll shoot," he hissed under his breath, watching carefully as cars drove past and curious people watched the situation. "I don't care that people are here."

"Fine, fine!" At last, the man cried out, his accelerated breath making them both wonder if he wouldn't pass out before spilling out the whereabouts of the girl. He clutched his side as though he felt pain, but neither of them showed concern, only wanting one thing from him. "I stopped seven blocks after the station, another car picked her up. Listen, I only did it for the money, I'm not part of that cult-"