⤷ sixteen

Pure chaos

Pure chaos. That is what Artemisia witnessed when she stepped into the hallway. She might have been a minute too late, gathering her useful weapons, but Kory had it under control. At least, she seemed to. Rachel and Gar were just turning around the corner when she walked in on the fight, playing her role as a distraction for them to escape.

The redheaded girl caught her figure at the end of the hall, dodging Kory's blow, eyes fixated on the petite Asian, who got in position to fight. She wasted no time, rushing her steps when Robin decided to meet her halfway, arms protecting her face. A fist hooked towards her jaw, quickly stopped by her wrist, pushing away the blow and attacking with her free hand before falling back into position.

Cleaning away the single drop of blood, the redhead huffed, regaining her posture, focused on fighting. Unlike Artemisia Robin, not a single emotion reflected in her light eyes. They were void, dark, scary.

Whilst the Asian girl expressed anxiety, anger, fear. Those sentiments lingered on her heart whenever she fought, some were stronger than others, depending on the situation. In that instant, as the girl pulled her chain from the velvet jacket, there was terror traveling to her brain.

A feeling that fuelled her fight response. As the girl attempted her usual trick, the one that worked at Hank and Dawn's, electricity tapped on her hormones, sending them away, creating adrenaline. Her hand caught the chain in the air, hissing as the potent metal tangled on her wrist. Screwing up her face in pain, Robin pulled on the chain, controlling where the teen ended up.

"Great moves," Kory smirked as she finished up with the boy, her fingers adjusting a rebellious curl that fell on her glistening face. Artemisia chuckled when the girl fell to the floor, eyes closing slowly. She walked over to the taller woman, going for a high-five.

But they both saw, from over each other's shoulders, the children get on their feet as though nothing happened. A devilish smile grew into their lips.

Fear.

Embracing that terrifying feeling, Artemisia opted to run out of the scene, find a more convenient field to fight. Her fingers locked with the woman's, pulling her away from the mess they had created. Kory's free arm pushed the boy out of the way, opening a path for them.

The pair scurried out into the night, the parking lot more isolated than earlier. Her heart dropped when she saw a vehicle with its windshield shattered, the room before it was no other than hers. She struggled to recognize and empower the emotions that flooded her chest, too many events were beginning to overwhelm her.

Their intertwined fingers break apart when two familiar figures surge from behind another car. Rachel stands behind Kory, using her as a shield. Gar copies her, standing a few steps behind Robin, who snatches her foldable sword from the belt around her hips. "Where's Dick?" Asks one of the kids, their voices sounding similar to her concentrated ear.