⤷ eight

Cheerfulness enveloped the trio of women as they explored the serene streets of Washington, their arms filled with grocery bags

Cheerfulness enveloped the trio of women as they explored the serene streets of Washington, their arms filled with grocery bags. In Robin's hand, a cup of local coffee was clutched anxiously, it would be her fourth one of the day, after a horrendous night with no sleep. The sun was hiding behind the buildings, nearing the horizon and leaving place for the moon to bloom in the darkened sky.

As the light dimmed, her eyes dropped, even more, the casualties of a sleepless evening having effects on her. She brought the cup to her lips, feeling the hot drink touch her plumps and enter her mouth for later to be swallowed. Although soothing, the caffeinated liquid did not bring her the energy to keep walking for much longer. Her brain struggled to send a signal for each foot to take a step, her pace slow, resembling a robot, almost. Only that she didn't run on gasoline, and evidently, neither coffee.

Rachel's voice echoed in her ears, filled with wonder, happiness, energy. Her mind was tired to even try to make out the conversation between the energetic girls, it only focused on taking her to bed, where she could recharge on something more healthy than the brew in hand.

A cold hand took hold of her free one, the trace of the warm cup still lingering on her skin. At the contact of different temperatures, Robin gasped, turning startled to look at the blonde woman whose expression mirrored worry. "Hey, are you okay? Rachel's been asking you stuff and you aren't responding."

A tight-knit kept her lips together, too drowsy to fight them. Her voice readied in the very back of her throat, willing to answer but held back by the low vitality. At last, the response left her mouth with a choke, voice hoarse and raspy, missing all kinds of emotion. "Sorry, I'm just tired. Barely got any sleep last night. What was it, Rachel?"

"I was wondering who's your fave character from Game Of Thrones," repeated the youngest of the group, her eyes staring at her exhausted complexion, wondering why she suffered from a wakeful evening. "You don't have to answer if you can't think of any."

Her lips parted to present her whites, expressing her gratitude with the compassion of the girl. "No, it's okay, I have one, never changed my mind ever since. It's Tyrion."

"Never heard someone say he's their favorite," Dawn commented from the other side of the girl, chuckling slightly at the answer. Her gaze caught her dropped eyes, forehead creasing in concern. "We're almost there."

"It's not the distance I'm worried about. Don't think I can handle those stairs," Robin sighed, drowning the last gulp of her warm drink. Her eyes landed on the public trash bin, readying her arms for a throw, shooting the object out of her grip, watching as it collided with the garbage. The three of them cheered, throwing their fists up in victory, cracking up at the childish behavior.

Dawn's face slowly fell back to neutral, drawing her brows together as she spoke, "we can use the elevator if you're tired."

"There's an elevator?" Rachel exclaimed, her face beaming as if she had never seen an elevator in her life. Maybe it was the change of scenery and the fact that for once, she felt understood between women, that made everything seem so outstandingly admirable in her beautiful eyes.